Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Vienna cheap flights

• 18-02-2009 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I'm going to Vienna soon for a week end but find tickets very expensive on AerLingus or Ryanair. What would you advise me to do to find some cheap(er) tickets?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Google :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Unfortunately not a lot of flights from Dublin to Vienna. Your choices are Aer Lingus and Ryanair. Aer Lingus only fly once a day in each direction and Ryanair actually fly to Bratislava (across the border in Slovakia). So not a lot of competition on that route to lower prices.

Aer Lingus do have a 20% off sale at the moment. I'm actually flying to Vienna tomorrow until Sunday. My flights (bought back in Jan) cost about €250. They were actually slightly more expensive then my flights to NYC last week! But there's more selection on that route, hence lower prices.

An alternative is to fly to UK and transfer to Vienna, but that might not be much cheaper and if you're only going for a short break, the additional travel time is not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Give us an idea of what you consider to be expensive.

Advertisement