Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elegant Asian at EAsT Korean

• 18-02-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I had a lovely Valentine's meal with my husband at EAsT. Our Korean expatriate friends who recommended the restaurant had billed it as an elegant night out, so we thought it was very reasonably priced. For a three course early bird it was 25 Euro.

I have eaten at Bonga and Hilan in the Capel/Parnell area of town. As a native Mandarin speaker, I know that a lot of the Korean restaurants in Dublin are actually run by Chinese restauranteurs of Chosun heritage (on the Korean border.) I have also lived in Korea, so though I enjoy those other restaurants for their cheap eats, I think EAsT offers a more elegant alternative.

In a previous post, some people disagreed, and attempted to paint me out as related to the restaurant in some way, perhaps intimidated by my non-idiomatic writing style? They insulted me by writing in weird pidgeon, etc. (Racist, anyone?) So in the interest of full disclosure: I am a freelance journalist, originally from the San Francisco Area. I live in Dublin with my Irish family. I am the editor of the American Women's Club in Dublin newsletter, and here is a link to an article I wrote about Japantown in Oakland, CA :

http://journalism.berkeley.edu/projects/gorneyj200/japantown.html

I am used to getting my by-line anyway, and do not need to necessarily hide behind a screen name.

Yvonne Kennedy

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I closed the last thread due to trolling, personal abuse, and a poster (you) deleting posts which fragmented the discussion.

Posters were infracted and warned where appropriate. Use the repost feature if you have a problem with a post.
    wilcofan wrote: »
    perhaps intimidated by my non-idiomatic writing style? They insulted me by writing in weird pidgeon, etc. (Racist, anyone?)

You do not seemed to have heeded my last warning. I'm closing this thread, if you want to discuss this further you can PM me on it. Start another thread on this topic and I'll remove your posting privileges here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

wilcofan

When you registered for boards.ie, you would have received both a sign-up email sent to your nominated email account, and a private message to your boards.ie account.

Both email and message contain suggestions for how to behave on boards.ie in order to get the best enjoyment from the site. It includes the following request:
    Please do not join these forums just to promote yourself, your website, your company or your fabulous products and services, this will simply annoy and alienate the users and will most likely result in your posts being removed and possibly your user account.

Please understand that, when you join a forum and your first and subsequent posts promote a restaurant, whether or not you deliver that promotion in the form of a review, it simply appears that you are yet another spammer, shilling their product and/or service through boards.ie.

THAT would be the reason you had allegations of having a relationship with the restaurant levelled at you, not your use of 'large words'.

On that basis, I would ask you to take a step back, a few deep breaths, and perhaps try starting over with the forums. Read and take an interest in the other topics here, and hold off pushing your own agenda for a little while, until you have more of a feel of what the place is about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement