Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Extra NOT 24Hrs anymore?

Options
  • 18-02-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Can anyone confirm that Tesco Extra - Drogheda (24 Hrs), will be closing at midnight each night :(. Petty if it was, was handy to get stuff when finishing the late shift.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

This is no help at all but I remember being in Drogheda the other day and trying to remember a place that will stay open til 12am :pac:

But I forget what one it was now, Dunnes, Tesco .. no idea.

Basically this post is pointless. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Red Fan X5 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm that Tesco Extra - Drogheda (24 Hrs), will be closing at midnight each night :(. Petty if it was, was handy to get stuff when finishing the late shift.

They are not listed on Tesco website. No phone number available either.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Hi

Just wondering does anybody know the opening hours for Tesco Extra in the industrial estate, is it still 24hours?

Still not listed on their web site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

24 hours as far as I know.

They are closed for the next 2 days due to renovation.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Thanks for letting me know, I'm surprised they are doing renovations its only open a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sir Rantsalot

A lot of Tescos are closing for the next 2 days in order to change all of their prices to combat prices in the North. I don't think it has anything to do with renovations as such. One in Dundalk is closing too, and 1 in Sligo.

I meant renovation as in refreshing the place.

I only over heard the staff at the deli chatting bout it.

I suppose the above comment makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Heard they are getting rid of a lot of irish products and putting in cheapo uk products:confused:

Got loads of bargains there this evening. Selling off all the fresh food got 50euro of meat and fresh stuff for 5euro!!!

By sheer luck, I also managed to pick up loads of half price meat around 4.30 yesterday. Couldn't understand why two women were buying meat in restaurant quantities, then the assistant told me. So I asked for the fillet steak - "how many pieces do you want" says she - "all of it, please" says me. Thankfully there was plenty of room in the freezer!

We'll wait to see what price matching actually turns out to be like. As one who routinely shops in the north (sorry, but the prices are so much cheaper, especially for wine and spirits) I think that Tesco and the other retailers around here have a mountain to climb

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pphheerroonn

Tesco in Letterkenny used to be 24hours not I think it closes at 11 or 12. They are also closing for the next two days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 HighMan

All the tesco stores in the border counties are closing til tuesday. There changing over to sterling prices on everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

we will wait and see what happens when they reopen it will be interesting to see the prices

Just seen on tv today in Tesco stores in the UK, 15 bottles of bud, 12 cans of magners, 20 bottles of stella and a few others, £7 each, wonder if they'll sell them here for the same price.

I hope they change the prices to the exact same as sterling, there's hairgel I use and it's €6.36 here down North it's a mere €3.50.

I was there last monday (27th) at about 2am. Don't they have "24/7" physically written on the store? as part of the TESCO sign? Surely they wouldn't have went to that effort if they were only gonna remove it later.

I hope it stays as a 24/7. It's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭gipi

I had a look at the leaflet which Tesco sent around last week (advertising their reduced prices) and it stated that the Donore Rd Extra store is 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nmumbi2

yes it is still 24 hours

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Has anybody been back to the Donore store since the price changeover, and is there much of a difference?

Advertisement