Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Waltz live in Galway...

Options
  • 18-02-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

In the Black Box on Friday night. Missed this last year through laziness and have regretted it since as it was a brilliant night.

'The Bands farewell show is lovingly recreated by members of This Nachez,Without George,Timber Tramps and a host of very special guests........not to be missed!!! All proceeds go to GOAL.... tickets available from tht.ie'

Doors from 8pm, more info at:
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=50283581462

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Have some more info for anyone interested, this an email I received from a mate:

Hey Everyone!!!

Greeting form Malawi, somewhere that's much hotter than Galway (ha!) i just wanted to drop a line to let everyone know that the social event of the year is happening this Friday the 20th in the Black Box at 9:00, some guys that I know have very generously agreed to put on a concert for the purposes of raising enough money to build a primary school here in southern Malawi.

A great night is guaranteed with a faithful recreation of the cult concert "The Last Waltz" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Waltz - so if you feel like a night of foot stomping good music featuring songs from artists such as Bob Dylan, Ronnie Hawkins, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Muddy Waters and Neil Young plus many more then head along on Friday night and enjoy.

I not sure if everyone here knows this, but currently I work for the NGO GOAL in southern Malawi building primary schools in places where frankly people have nothing. I know there is lots of worthy causes out there but this one is something special, when GOAL build a school, often anther organisation or the government pledges to feed the students.

In a place like this where hunger and poverty is everywhere providing a school in a community leads to firstly an education and then a guarantee that students will be fed. A lot of programmes done by NGO's are worthwhile and have lasting value but a school stands for 30 years + (i hope, if i'm doing my job right) so if you go along on Friday night your contribution will be felt for a long time to come.

So that's it I wont hammer home the point to much, I know some of the people on this list are not based in Galway so maybe if you can't make it yourself, mention it to your friends in the city of the tribes and hopefully they will go along and support a very worthy cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Get on.

Advertisement