Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2cx

Options
  • 18-02-2009 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Was looking at getting a 2cx for a bit of work around the garden, mainly because I am afraid of what a 3cx would do to the lawn...bad memories of last years escapade... but the problem is I don't know anyone with one, so I cant tell if they're any good. I'm looking at the streetmaster, nothing too new as it's only for the garden, probably aroung the 93 mark. If anyone could tell me about any common problems or has a suggestion, I'm all ears! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Hi, I dont know much about the 2CX but they are a neat machine. one thing I do know is that there was a revised Mk 2 version made from around 1995 I think and these have several improvements which make them more desirable the biggest change is a more powerful 4cyl engine, previous ones were 3 cyl I think and a revised cab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 J.C.BAMFORD

Hi, I dont know much about the 2CX but they are a neat machine. one thing I do know is that there was a revised Mk 2 version made from around 1995 I think and these have several improvements which make them more desirable the biggest change is a more powerful 4cyl engine, previous ones were 3 cyl I think and a revised cab

Yes the pre -95 ones had a smaller cab, i think, was unaware of the engine change though. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭powerfarmer

Have a read of the article at the address below very informative

http://www.contractjournal.com/Articles/1994/03/10/31337/full-marks-to-jcb-2cx.html

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

best thing to do is hire one out for a week

eci in carrigtohill would tell you what hire companies have them

it'll get you a feel for them
    they are a bit of craic,great around tight spaces but you'd be wrestling with tree roots and the like

check out the reach for loading into trailers vs a mini digger which has more manoeverability but does cut up the grass

a-plant used to have them

http://www.buyandsell.ie/search/quick_search?category[id]=134-Farm-Equipment-and-Machiner&page=4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 J.C.BAMFORD

Well, the grass issue is very important at the moment as 80% of the work it will be doing will be lawn work, plus unless they have 2 speed tracking, mini diggers are very slow for long distance manouvers. Do you know of any other similar sized diggers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement