Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inca Trek vs Lares/Salkantay Treks

• 18-02-2009 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm going to be in Cusco at some stage in late June/early July and I'm looking at the options for trekking to Machu Pichu. Obviously everyone always talks of the Inca trail but is this just because it is the most established trek or is it really much better than the other treks? I've heard good things about some of the other treks recently. If I'm going to do the Inca trail I'm going to have to book soon and decide on fixed dates whereas doing one of the other treks gives me a lot more flexibility in terms of when I have to be in Cusco for.

Any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I went the train cause of an elderly mother tagging along but I've heard great things about all the treks. In fact some said the alternative ones were better because you walk through the jungle and don't have crowds around. I've been to Cuzco twice now and I get the feeling the only reason people do the offical one is to say they've done it.

The ones my friends did was 4 days, one day cycling, three days through jungle. It cost $160 and they booked when they were in Cuzco. So I would go with that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dicemeister

Thanks dory, think i'll just do one of the other treks and give myself a bit more freedom as to when i turn up in cusco.

Advertisement