Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite iPhone Applications?

• 18-02-2009 12:37pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd make a list of iphone apps I like and share them here, and if you guys know any other good ones please let us all know:

Fring: Get Skype, MSN & AOL etc all in the one app.
    Facebook: excellent app for facebook
    Google Tasks: Syncs with your gmail task list
    Google Docs: Read your google docs from your iphone
    Shazam: Hear a tune on the radio or in a club and want to know the name? Shazam will tell you artist and track name and provide a link to itunes.
    Take...Car: Lets you put a placemarker where you park your car and later when in a different place it will draw you a map of how to get back!
    Quick Voice: Very simple and effective Voice Recorder
    HotOrNot: Great fun when you are bored
    Twitteriffic: Nice twitter app
    Over here: Send an email with an exact placemarker to where you are on a map.
    Around me: Works out your location and shows you what is nearby: restaurants, petrol stations, banks, hotels etc

Please add your favourites here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i dunno.. is there a virus or a trojan for it yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

Yellowsn0w

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

swirly MMS ..enables iphone to send /receive MMS-works straight out of the box

Cycorder.. enables iphone to record video

Lockdown..enables you to password protect app..good to stop nosey people reading your e-mail or SMS

the above apps are got through Cydia and so are for jailbroken phones only.

On the games froms, Fast Lane from the app store is deadly. Or if you get an app from cydia called installous, you can get this game free, instead of paying for it!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cool thanks!

I have tried many times to jailbreak the iphone using Ziphone, WinPwn and QuickPwn. I have a brand new iPhone 3G from 02 - but I just cannot get it to work.

Is there some trick I am missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Zascar wrote: »
    Cool thanks!

I have tried many times to jailbreak the iphone using Ziphone, WinPwn and QuickPwn. I have a brand new iPhone 3G from 02 - but I just cannot get it to work.

Is there some trick I am missing?

I did it a while back very straight forward and easy to do, you can get help from http://www.iclarified.com/
    cojomo2 wrote: »
    swirly MMS ..enables iphone to send /receive MMS-works straight out of the box

Did you get it to work with O2? I downloaded the trial version but was getting something like call O2 to activate MMS but I could send them MMS with other phones and same SIM card.

MIM to change the carrier name and also you can type a message to the right of the Wifi bards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If we keep them all in one (or two!) threads it'll be more useful to everyone.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055395097

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055479068

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement