Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soulseek on perlico

Options
  • 18-02-2009 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hmm, very strange.

Ive just tried to start soulseek (which is configured on a random port) and its killed my connection, 5 times now.

My connection just dies then has to try and reconnect.

Is this a new control they've tried to implement or something????

Gonna try a new port and see what happens...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Perlico? I thought most people knew by now that perlico is basically just a big scam. its broadband with hidden costs all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Nope, new port, same thing.

Just start soulseek, do one search and boom, connection completely killed.

This is the beginning of the end. I absolutely hate perlico but there is no other option now but a non-eircom provider.

Can anyone recommend a good bb provider in clondalkin/palmerstown thats not going thru eircom?
    Cant get upc unfortunately...

And yes, I do know that perlico is a scam, try telling my mother that tho, even despite the absolutely huge bills she for some reason wants to stick with them.

No longer...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

You connection is probably dying because it's trying to make more connections than the modem can handle at once.

Having never used soulseek I can't tell you what particular options to change. Just try to reduce soulseeks overall connection footprint & see if that helps.

Emm nope, i was running soulseek (with more connections) last night, with no issues.
    Im only freshly opening the program, with no downloads or uploads in progress, then doing a search and following that the connection immediately dies completely. Have tried it 7 or 8 times now with the same effect.

Thats definately not the issue, Im 100% sure of it.

• Advertisement

seems to have resolved itself, maybe it was at my end but ive changed nothing so not sure what was happening!

Advertisement