Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union drafts

Options
  • 18-02-2009 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I don't know if that's what they're called but i think they're like bank drafts but from the credit union. Anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Yeah but they are drawn on a particular bank.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

phi3 wrote: »
    I don't know if that's what they're called but i think they're like bank drafts but from the credit union. Anyone know anything about them?

What information are you looking for in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Just want to know how i get one.
    Well i want to pay my rent using on. Do i go into my credit union and ask for a draft for the amount and it comes out of my account. Do i then get the draft that i can send to the landlord. Do i need any identificatation or anything to get it?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You should be able to go into your credit union and request one. It will come out of your account. I'd advise that you do bring ID, it'll speed things up. You can post it on to your landlord, or if he/she has given you their bank details, you can go to the local branch of their bank and lodge it straight into their account.

Toots85 wrote: »
    You should be able to go into your credit union and request one. It will come out of your account. I'd advise that you do bring ID, it'll speed things up. You can post it on to your landlord, or if he/she has given you their bank details, you can go to the local branch of their bank and lodge it straight into their account.

Cool, thanks. I never knew they existed until my landlord mentioned them. He said they're free whereas you have to pay for bank drafts and postal orders.

• Advertisement

Sorry lads another question. :o
    Can i give the money for a postal order using a credit/debit card?

phi3 wrote: »
    Sorry lads another question. :o
    Can i give the money for a postal order using a credit/debit card?

AFAIK the post office will only accept cash or an AIB debit card. I'm open to correction on this though.

Advertisement