Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start saving with Anglo Irish???

Options
  • 18-02-2009 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Hope i could get some options/advise here. I have a regular savers account with AIB fro a while now. I'm saving the max (300 euro a month). I am considering saving say 100 euro to a different institution on top of this. I had a quick look there on MyCash.ie and it appears Anglo Irish Bank has the best interset rates for savings accounts now.

Is there anything to worry about if i was to save with Anglo irish. I'm a bit unsure of them. Would you recommend anyone else.

Or should i withdraw from AIB and save 400 euro a month to someone else?

Thanks in advance for advise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why in particular are you unsure?

They're now government owned so it's about as secure is it gets. Remember the bad press your hearing is about stuff that happened in the past, when it was a private company.

Up to a few days ago, it had one of the best demand deposit rates around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Why in particular are you unsure?

They're now government owned so it's about as secure is it gets. Remember the bad press your hearing is about stuff that happened in the past, when it was a private company.

Up to a few days ago, it had one of the best demand deposit rates around :)

Ya i was thinking that but i was just a bit unsure. So whats the best demand deposit rate out there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

Hey i was also just wondering are there any regular saver accounts out there where you can also deposit lump sums on occassion. If so any idea which has the best rates or are they work looking at?

Advertisement