Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toddler Boy's clothes & Gro Bags

Options
  • 18-02-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

Just two questions for any mum's of boys out there...

Is anybody just fed up of the limited selection of boy's clothes available for babies and toddlers? My son is 18months old and i like to try and dress him nicely, with comfort being a priority, as in I'd rather not dress him in shirts all the time as i don't think they're as comfy as little cotton tops etc. I like dungarees as i find them neater than jeans etc which keep falling down, but find them limited for his age.

Even when he was a young baby it was hard to find nice little baby clothes, as opposed to the dark coloured combats etc that are fine on older children but i just feel they have so little time as young babies etc that its nice to dress them accordingly.

I know this is so trivial but just wondered did anyone have good website or shop recommendations as yesterday for example i walked around blanchardstown shopping centre into next, adams etc and STILL ended up back in Pennys to buy some little dungarees, i seem to buy everything in pennys as they really are the only ones who do little outfits like that but i may only have a choice of 1 for example.

Thanks a million..

Btw my question on gro bags is at what age do people stop using them on their child, my son wont keep any blankets on so i still use them but he is growing out of his now and am having trouble looking for ones for about aged 2-3 to give him plenty of room.. Also i tend to need to buy about 3 but they are quite expensive. Any help would be much appreciated..

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Btw my question on gro bags is at what age do people stop using them on their child, my son wont keep any blankets on so i still use them but he is growing out of his now and am having trouble looking for ones for about aged 2-3 to give him plenty of room.. Also i tend to need to buy about 3 but they are quite expensive. Any help would be much appreciated..

We buy ours here, they stock them for children up to the age of 10 and I see no problem with using them for years to come.

I only ever buy one to suit the required size, when it needs a wash, we wash and dry it within the day for that night's sleep. Do you really need 3 of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

the clothes for boys 3 months up are lovely in h&m. There not as nice for girls but the boys stuff has tracksuit bottoms cotton t shirts hoodies etc all very nice and not the most expensive thing in the world neither....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Thanks for the tips everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

Oh i loved the mini mode stuff in boots when my son was little...they washed great and never shrunk until others and he got great wear out of them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Smylee

I buy my Gro Bags in TK Maxx, they are only 13e, which is fabulous!!!

Have a look at www.fairlytraded.ie
    http://www.stardustkids.co.uk/
    http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Boys-Clothing.html
    http://www.thekidswindow.co.uk/boys-clothes.htm

I was lucky and got a girl first and they are sooo easy to dress, now I have a little man and I'm sick of combats, he's not a soldier! Also sick of navy and grey what happened to purple and orange for boys????

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Orlaithd1

Hi I have a 15 month old boy and I have got some lovely dungarees on Adams website and good value too.
    Also Next.ie have lovely childrens clothes as I have a girl of 7, a girl of 5 and Cathal 15 months!!!
    They are really lovely and wash really well too!!
    Best of luck,
    Orlaith

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There are currently gro-bags in Lidl for €6

As for clothes, I think boden.co.uk have gorgeous clothes, they are expensive though but any I've bought have been top notch quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭ruffmut

Our young fellow keeps kicking down his blankets too, so I bought some sleeping bags from the following shop on Ebay. Delivery was fast with no problems.

Designer Dudes

http://stores.shop.ebay.ie/Designer-Dudes__W0QQ_armrsZ1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I have two boys and buy most of their clothes in H&M, I also look in the girls section as at this age (20 months and 6 months) there are lots of things that can be work by both sexes.

TK Maxx is the best of all though, but, you have to put in the time. I HATE Next with a passion, and Adams comes a close second.

I like to have them in loose and comfortable clothes, I don't think either of them own a shirt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement