Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise query

Options
  • 18-02-2009 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi ,
    I have been living in a semi detatched house in five oaks village in drogheda for the last while and was wondering if anyone else lived here and can hear alot of noise from the adjoining house.
    I know the house was bought from a very reputable builder but was just wondering if this is the norm by todays standards and if anyone else had noticed this? maybe my hearing is just extra sensitive :D. by noise i mean stuff like laughing, doors closing and banging , forks being hit off plates and the TV , people walking about, really just general day to day noises that i wouldnt have expected to be able to hear through the walls.
    Was also wondering if there is anything that can be do to reduce the way the noise travels from house to house?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 prentice

Martin72 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    I have been living in a semi detatched house in five oaks village in drogheda for the last while and was wondering if anyone else lived here and can hear alot of noise from the adjoining house.
    I know the house was bought from a very reputable builder but was just wondering if this is the norm by todays standards and if anyone else had noticed this? maybe my hearing is just extra sensitive :D. by noise i mean stuff like laughing, doors closing and banging , forks being hit off plates and the TV , people walking about, really just general day to day noises that i wouldnt have expected to be able to hear through the walls.
    Was also wondering if there is anything that can be do to reduce the way the noise travels from house to house?
    Thanks

there are regulations governing this. I think (but am no way certain) , that 50 decibels is the threshold.

I know of some people of got sound surveys done, once done the onus for for resolving the with issue was with the builder.

But the issue can be helped at least . there are vaious methodologies that i am aware of. involving drywalling and lining with Rockwool etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Martin72

Thanks Prentice, hoefully i will get a few more bits of advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are the floors wooden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Martin72

some are wooden downstairs but upstairs is fully carpeted and the noise is as bad?

Advertisement