Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse riding for a date?

Options
  • 18-02-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

i have some experience on a horse and was wondering what do you experienced riders think of taking a girl on a lesson for a date.

now i am meeting her in the pub again tomorrow night for our 2nd date and i am looking to do something with her that doesn't involve alcohol, providing she meets me for a third time of course.

have any of you done this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 alexi_mcg

maybe a hack/trek would be better than a lesson, it would let you talk as you go and can be as laid back or exciting as both of you want/are able for. you could also see if you could get a private trek, i.e just the two of you and a guide.

If you live near a beach you may be able to find a local riding school that has use of it-riding on the beach is great fun no matter how good you are on a horse, so long as you can stop of course!!:p

hope whatever you decide goes down well! good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭McSween

thanks mate.

i thought of the beach but we arent near that, and also i cant ask her to go away yet.

as i say, if i get more opportunities i might tie a lesson in for a saturday and maybe dinner that night. dinner may balance what conversation a lesson didnt produce.

overall, i would think a girl would like the idea of being on a horse. i dont think all dates should involve alcohol and something imaginative is good in my opinion

Can you ride yourself? If so, impress her (assuming she can't!) with your amazing horse skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

If she's slim and athletic she might enjoy this but if she's a big girl forget about it.

What's wrong with galleries and suchlike?

i can ride but i would not be in a position to show off. i can do small jumps. i have never had a prolonged series of lessons.

and, she is slim and fit, that makes a change for me :D. i know what you mean, she wouldnt be able to walk for a week if she wasn't fit, after an hour's lesson. i have a bit of a gut but im not fat, and i couldnt get out of the car last year two days after a lesson :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Could be a laugh, depending on what you do... So long as your girlfriend is relatively fit and a bit sporty, it should be fine.
    Never thought of suggesting it as a date, though I don't know if I'd take my other half on a lesson, trek.... Not sure how they'd react... Still, could be fun and would be interesting to see them on a horse! :P

lock the thread time :D

she accepted my dinner request earlier tonight on our date and said "no" to horse riding.

she had a wee scare when somebody slapped a horse she was on when she was young.

ill work on her, but the good thing is she is up for something different which doesnt involve alcohol!

thanks for your help, y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

convert wrote: »
    Still, could be fun and would be interesting to see them on a horse! :P

Why, are they all talk no action? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

fits wrote: »
    Why, are they all talk no action? :P

You got it in one! :D

Advertisement