Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parnell St

Options
  • 18-02-2009 2:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Is this the most ridiculous street in the country? Just after driving through it only to be confronted with 3 delivery trucks and 4-5 cars parked smack bang in the middle of the lane. Can we not do something about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Melion wrote: »
    Is this the most ridiculous street in the country? Just after driving through it only to be confronted with 3 delivery trucks and 4-5 cars parked smack bang in the middle of the lane. Can we not do something about it?
    Call the gaurds or set fire to yourself and run down the street shouting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

What would Charles Stewart Parnell think if he came back to Ireland today and saw the two streets named after him (in Limerick and Dublin) are the two dodgiest streets in both cities! Doubt he would be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    What would Charles Stewart Parnell think if he came back to Ireland today and saw the two streets named after him (in Limerick and Dublin) are the two dodgiest streets in both cities! Doubt he would be impressed.

I would be more upset If it was Douglas Hyde driving along Hyde Road.

What can you do about Parnell St parking OP? Not much really. It has been like that a long long time and will be like that for a long long time. Most people are just abandonding their cars for a few minutes at a time. I personally have no problem double parking outside the chipper when getting some grub. By the time the Gardai turn up some have left and more have arrived and by the time the Gardai leave more have arrived.

Banging head against the wall syndrome. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Well they are redeveloping this area when the station gets renovated/upgraded...so maybe then Parnell will be proud as well as most of limerick!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You think Parnell Street is bad, try the main street in Charleville. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Annie Fitz is gone now (R.I.P.)...So things are lookin' up for Parnell St...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J.

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Annie Fitz is gone now (R.I.P.)...So things are lookin' up for Parnell St...:rolleyes:

is annie fitz dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Shes not dead. How did this rumour start?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

acalmenvoy wrote: »

She was moving fairly well for a dead woman at the corner of the Railway Hotel this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Annie has died abou 20 times the last 10 years!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

She's not dead, i was told she was and posted it up here. It was deleted(rightfully) but i found out the other day she wasnt dead, just had an altercation with an officer.

I also heard she had died by my MIL yesterday evening who seems to know everybody and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

I was told that she is now living in a big grey building surrounded by ramparts and high fences up on Mulgrave Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

which side of the jail boreen, could be either in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I hear she's just a figment of each of our depraved imaginations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

she's not dead, she's just havin a break..

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

ah annie -brings back memories, i started reading this thread and was disapointed to hear of her demise, but glad to hear shes still with us! its people like annie that make our city unique, she is harmless and a character

we should do a whos who of limerick characters like dodo (rip) and francis

the cowboy (dont know his name)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Enright wrote: »
    ah annie -brings back memories, i started reading this thread and was disapointed to hear of her demise, but glad to hear shes still with us! its people like annie that make our city unique, she is harmless and a character

She's a pain in the hole and an embarassment to the city. Was walking behind her in Mulgrave St one day, minding my own business, when she turned around, eyeballed me and told me to ''f*ck off and stop following her''! :rolleyes: Not exactly the image we want for our ''local characters''. Thank god i didn't have to serve her in the offie i worked in, she's barred from every pub/off licence in Limerick and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

which side of the jail boreen, could be either in fairness

Next door to Gerry O'Dea's pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

francis
    Is that Francie at Fixed Price? That man used get himself in some states of stress on weekend nights down on Shannon St. Of course he was dealing with drunken mobs.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    Is that Francie at Fixed Price? That man used get himself in some states of stress on weekend nights down on Shannon St. Of course he was dealing with drunken mobs.

Used to arrive down and tell him we were waiting twenty minutes and "whats the story". He would put us in the next taxi. Worked every time. Foolish guy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Aidric wrote: »

Think thats 'Fat Francis' the movie expert, hes dead now 4 or 5 years, used to hang round O'Connell st.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Berty wrote: »
    Used to arrive down and tell him we were waiting twenty minutes and "whats the story". He would put us in the next taxi. Worked every time. Foolish guy :D

Lousy, doing that to the poor guy. Bet he hated his job, having to deal with people regularly giving him abuse and making a tool out of him.

Speaking of Annie, I was taking the Cals field shortcut from Hyde road to Janesboro a few years ago and as I entered at the Hyde Road side there was Annie to the left of me squatting down, taking a huge piss. Absolutely revolting!

its people like annie that make our city unique, she is harmless and a character
    terribly terribly incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

zuroph wrote: »
    terribly terribly incorrect.

Yes, didn't she chop up another wino nicknamed "Fluke" with a knife there a good few years ago?

she's been very involved in a lot of violent incidents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

She attacked my GF's uncle who has down syndrome a few years back. He was afraid to leave the house for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Some giant walks over Parnells street and does a big ****E.

Still would make Parnell street better than what it is.
    I'm telling you, bulldoze the lot. Put 5/6story uniform street, trees on both side the pavements and roads up to standards of the new orbital, and better traffic arrangent out of the new bus station and the train station.

I would love if there was a bus tunnel under the Parnell road and join onto the Parnell street left hand side without inflicting traffic. But thats just idealisitic thinking.

Does anyone have an idea what I mean. a small tunnel allowing all buses to leave the new bus station without inflicting the Orbital/Parnell street level. and ramp to the left hand side as a slip?

Anyway on topic, Iraq the bejesus out of this street please. What are the Bus plans like? Any offices planned above the building? Please build enough lanes too. Don't want a clausticphobic Busaras where there are not enough bus stops for the amount of buses leaving the bus station pffft.

Advertisement