Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC downgrade service charge per package

Options
  • 18-02-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

I contacted UPC to downgrade my broadband to BB value and basic tv as I'm p***ed off with the recent price increase. They said downgrading is subject to a €10 admin fee for each package...
    In reply I said I was downgrading due to the price increase and under upc terms am exempt from fee.

"I can confirm that your Broadband packaage has now been changed from (Broadband Express) to (Broadband value) as requested. The monthly charge for this package is (e 22.00).As per UPC terms and conditions, a €20.00 downgrade administration fee has now been added to your account and this will be reflected on your next invoice"

Does any one know what the case is for this? Should there not be an exemption on the charge for giving notice within the 30 days of the price increase?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

dont eircom charge the downgrade fee and other providers in turn pass it on to the customer.although they misadvised you of the price. i guess get onto them and find out whats happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

ChickCool wrote: »
    dont eircom charge the downgrade fee and other providers in turn pass it on to the customer.although they misadvised you of the price. i guess get onto them and find out whats happened

UPC broadband has nothing to do with Eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Generally contracts like these have an opt-out clause though for them, where the price must increase by a certain percentage before you are entitled to cancel (or downgrade in your case) without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Do the UPC terms say you're exempt, or did you just say that to them? Some terms/contracts will allow for a percentage increase (below which a fee is applied, above which you can change/get out).

Advertisement