Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting words from the Garda Representative Association

Options
  • 18-02-2009 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.gra.cc/gra_anger_at_levy_10-02-09.shtml

Apparently on the radio they're looking for 20% off their mortgages too. I'm disturbed by how much the above press release reads like a rant from a 15 year old kid who's just been told he can't have everything he wants this Christmas.

Of particular childishness was this quote:
    Whilst everyone in the Private Sector laughed at our small earnings, we paid for the Boom & now you want us to pay for the Recession???

You'd swear everyone in the private sector was on 6 figure salaries from this statement..

Edit: uploaded for posterity

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

nesf wrote: »
    http://www.gra.cc/gra_anger_at_levy_10-02-09.shtml

Apparently on the radio they're looking for 20% off their mortgages too. I'm disturbed by how much the above press release reads like a rant from a 15 year old kid who's just been told he can't have everything he wants this Christmas.

Of particular childishness was this quote:

You'd swear everyone in the private sector was on 6 figure salaries from this statement..

The real reason for them not being armed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What a crock of ****.

"The vast bulk of Gardai......earn €30,000 to €60,000 gross per annum". Bull****. Garda average earnings are 62k.

"The bulk of Gardai are 30 to 45 years old". Presumably beacsue they can retire on full pension at 50?!

Apparently every Garda has a mortgage of 320000!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

/facepalm!

My god are these people living in the same reality at all? Are those comments for real, is this actually a representative of the GRA saying these things. Jesus talk about extreme deluded waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

gandalf wrote: »
    Are those comments for real, is this actually a representative of the GRA saying these things. Jesus talk about extreme deluded waffle.

It's linked to from the first item on their homepage: http://www.gra.cc/index.shtml

So either someone hacked the site or they're for real. I sincerely hope it's the former.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

From what I can see, a lot (not all) of the public sector are taking a stick your head in the sand approach to the current crisis.

Act like it isn't there and keep going on about what your owed even if you aren't owed it and just hope that you get your way or some nonsense like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Look, I think we all know about 70% of guards are not worth a f**k and are just in it for the money and the power trip. The remainder are good, and some, like the ERU have very dangerous jobs, and deserve our respect.

My accountant says that she doesnt know one that doesnt have a second job. A lot of them got rich off the private sector property boom, so I dont know why they would try to distinguish themselves from the "people who made the money".

The have a job for life (worth so much more in these recessionary times) with a great pension, no accountability (as we see from what happened Donegal, all guards involved moved stations but none fired/fined, all got legal fees paid by the state), and cant be fired. Many are morbidly obese, so they dont necessarily have to stay fit for the job either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

This post has been deleted.

For once I 100% agree wth you.

That is an excetionally sinister thing for the Gardai's representitives to say in public. Ominious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Quote:An unrelenting campaign driven by Radio Presenters, Politicians, Journalists, Economists – names we grew to hate, names we will never forget & names that provoke a seething anger.

As said above, what a stupid thing to come out with. So the guards hate Radio Presenters, Politicians, Journalists, Economists ????? sounds like a healthy work environment all right. At least the McBrearty's will be lifted to find themselves among such esteemed 'hated' company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Strong lapse in judgement.

I guess they're very angry tho.
    EDIT:
    You will not divide us from the Private Sector – who are our friends, family and neighbours. We will take whatever action collectively, united, that we can legally take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I wonder what the HSE are going to threatening us with:

"If ye cut our pay, we'll become inefficient".

Breaking news: HSE on strike.
    In other breaking news, fatalities and MRSA infections down 200% across the country. Biggest turnaround ever seen:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the gra spokesman is always spouting rubbish, chief among gombeens

Advertisement