Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete novice

Options
  • 18-02-2009 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

ok so a few questions, I know there are pages here but i just want to ask a few simple questions

if i get an old xbox and install XMBC on it,will i then be able to to play all my video and music content from my PC on it.So in theroy if i hook it up to my tv i can watch/listen to any content contained on my computer

i would then just be able to use a simple av sender to beam it around to all the tv's in the house?

are the files stored on the xbox itself or just streamed from the pc?

is the process very complicated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

sdevine89 wrote: »
    will i then be able to to play all my video and music content from my PC on it.
    basically, yes, you need to create a share on the folders with music / movies and add them as sources on xbox.
    are the files stored on the xbox itself or just streamed from the pc?

two ways, stored locally on xbox or streamed from network location (NAS or PC)

is the process very complicated?

not at all, install softmod, try it, if you have any questions google or ask ;)

Advertisement