Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a screen grab of 1 screen when you use two?

• 18-02-2009 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I use the laptop as my main computer, but then have a monitor so i can have 2 different things open at once, eg, Emails on one, Internet on the other.

I need to get a screen grab of ONE of the screens but it pulls both when I do this.

Anyone have any idea how to just get a screen grab of one screen??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Holding down Alt while pressing printscreen will just capture the active application if thats enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

moved from laptops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unless you go with JohnKs suggestion: there are lots of screengrabbing SW, such as SnagIt. Lots are free to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Chop off the half you don't want in any image program.

Gimp is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Get this little program You'll be amazed
    Once your capture is done, you have several options. A single click will send your capture to your desktop. Other commands let you save your capture in other formats, email it as an attachment, edit & print it (the behavior depending on what your system has linked to the JPG, PNG & BMP image formats).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://getpaint.net is also free , not a powerful as the gimp but easier to get started with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Shocking

I recommend http://greenshot.sourceforge.net/

Replaces your Print screen button or rather works using it. My most useful download 2008 :)

Or use the alt + print screen button as suggested.

Advertisement