Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help!!! Massaman Thai Curry Paste

Options
  • 18-02-2009 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

If anyone can help it'd be much appreciated!!!

I'm going out of my mind trying to get my hands on some Massaman Curry paste. i know Mae Ploy make it but no-one in ireland seems to stock them. The asian supermarket on henry st limerick has everything from mae ploy except this one :(

If anyone knows where i can buy/order some please please please let me know!!!

Cheers in advance

PS... valcom is another fantastic brand who do it but i only know of that brand being sold in australia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

But Massaman is a style, not a brand. There are many people who make it. I have seen a few in any Tesco in Dublin or Westmeath.
    Also many in Asian supermarkets.
    Get to a large Tesco, im sure there is one in Limerick. They have usually got an ethnic section.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

Cheers for that but no joy so far in any supermarket - main or ethnic in limerick. I know massaman is a type, thats why i mentioned mae ploy and valcom. Cheers for the tips anyways though... maybe i need to search harder!!!:D

Or move to a proper city like Dublin boom boom.
    Or Cork, you should find it there too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

CorkBoy ,
    There is a new Asian shop just opened, top of Roches St. Its on the second floor, they stock Mae Ploy brand there, you might be lucky. Failing that there is another Asian shop in Catherine St, beside Flannery's pub they do Mae Ploy from time to time.
    Surprised that the shop in Henry St doesnt stock it they are usually fairly good.

Cheers,
    sombaht

Cheers Som,

Tried the one next to fla's on catherine st... they have red or green and thats it! i'll try the one on roche's st though, never heard about it before so thanks a mill! i'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Not much use to you given the geography, but Sainsburys stock it in Newry. If you knew anyone going to the UK they could get some for you (assuming they were checking in their bag, of course).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Planet x that is exactly what he is trying to do, he needs they curry paste which is the main ingredient in the link you posted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got a jar of paste from a new range called Thai Gold. I think that it might be available in Superquinn. Pretty nice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 rocklord42

dudara wrote: »
    I got a jar of paste from a new range called Thai Gold. I think that it might be available in Superquinn. Pretty nice too.

If you send an e-mail to the Thai Gold people they can usually sort you out for anything, they do the small jars of Massaman and also big 1kg catering packs. service@thaifood.ie

cheers everyone! the may ploy panang paste actually has no peanuts in it so its not a million miles of massaman anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

Brand Maesri makes a damn fine curry paste for thai .. ive cooked with both massaman and the green curry both lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have you tried Mr Bells in the English market?
    I am sure I saw it there when I was there last.

Advertisement