Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Anschutz Centrefire Rifle

Options
  • 18-02-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone looking for a new .223 should have a look at the new one Anschutz have brought out. It looks very, very snazzy, and based on Anschutz's other rifles, should be an absolute tack driver.

Snazzy, snazzy rifle

Looks very well too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Anyone looking for a new .223 should have a look at the new one Anschutz have brought out. It looks very, very snazzy, and based on Anschutz's other rifles, should be an absolute tack driver.

Snazzy, snazzy rifle

Looks very well too.

Beautiful rifle alright. Lot of good reviews written about it as well. Tried googling it for a price but no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Any chance of someone linking some pics, work has blocked the majority of shooting related sites :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Vegeta wrote: »
    Any chance of someone linking some pics, work has blocked the majority of shooting related sites :(

bild.php5?id=9754&maxwidth=600

Aiming to please. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

work has blocked the majority of shooting related sites :(

Tut, tut......... very inconsiderate of them...... :pac:

bild.php5?id=9754&maxwidth=600

Aiming to please. ;)

I cant see it if you linked from the site directly

I should have said, save the picture and embed it or host it on some hosting site and then link

I don't ask for much do I :p

• Advertisement

I cant see it if you linked from the site directly

I should have said, save the picture and embed it or host it on some hosting site and then link

I don't ask for much do I :p

I'm going to have to demand a slice of the coke and hookers from the next mod paycheque for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Beautiful rifle alright. Lot of good reviews written about it as well. Tried googling it for a price but no luck so far.

Fine looking rifle alright would be suprsied to see it for under 1500 euro with Anschutz's rep. Would love to be proven wrong doe..

Thanks IWM, I'll put you down for some C&H so :D

Does it come with different stock options. On heavy barrelled rifles I don't like the curved fore end and the hogs back style stock.

It doesn't seem to, but Anschutz are very accommodating in my experience, so I'm sure you could have a word with them and they'd sort you out, for a small fee. Definitely a company that you can talk to and deal with on a personal level. Uwe himself called DURC with regard to an order some years ago. Personally, I really like the stock and barrel configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I dunno IWM, I think I'd prefer one of these:
    BleickerFree.jpg

No scope, no rest (just a sling) at 300m prone leads to this:
    300m_Bull_UKWEB.jpg

Now that's sweet :D

• Advertisement

Well Sparks, one of these

15.9100.jpg

is currently second on my to-do list, so I've complete interest in the 300m scene, but that Anschutz is still damn pretty. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

G&E vs Bleiker - it's like Krug vs Bollinger :D (What's €4k between friends? :D )

What I did like about the Bleiker though was that it lets you take out the 50m action and drop in the 300m action into the same stock. Since you're almost shooting the same stuff (and are in prone), it lets you do position training using cheaper .22lr ammo and then switch up to the 6mmBR to do things like wind training.

Sparks wrote: »
    G&E vs Bleiker - it's like Krug vs Bollinger :D

What I did like about the Bleiker though was that it lets you take out the 50m action and drop in the 300m action into the same stock. Since you're almost shooting the same stuff (and are in prone), it lets you do position training using cheaper .22lr ammo and then switch up to the 6mmBR to do things like wind training.

Yeah, but that's a standard rifle. Dry-fire 3P with a SCATT is going to be much more useful than mostly .22 live firing with that weight of a trigger, so I'm happy enough. Besides, I'll quite possibly be going with G&E for a smallbore stock, so can drop the action in that for the prone only and suffer the trigger. ;)

Advertisement