Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking metres increased!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

hmm ... one of the few 09 reg cars I've seen around this year is the Mayor's new luxury Audi, maybe it's donated to the city by a well meaning car dealer (and I'll happily stand corrected if it is) but my guess is that we are paying for it and that some of the increase in parking charges will help pay for that little luxury when many of us can't afford to trade up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

old gregg wrote: »
    hmm ... one of the few 09 reg cars I've seen around this year is the Mayor's new luxury Audi, maybe it's donated to the city by a well meaning car dealer (and I'll happily stand corrected if it is) but my guess is that we are paying for it and that some of the increase in parking charges will help pay for that little luxury when many of us can't afford to trade up.

What kind of Audi is it??

The mayor of Limerick city only get's an Avensis, as far as I know the man doesn't even use it.

bigkev49 wrote: »
    What kind of Audi is it??

The mayor of Limerick city only get's an Avensis, as far as I know the man doesn't even use it.
    I dunno, it's big and black and brand spanking new. who knows, maybe it's Toyota but it looked like an Audi.

There's only one person on this board who could spot a big black 09 car and tell you what it is ..... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

merlante wrote: »
    Considering the city council have to work with €5m less than last year (http://www.waterford-today.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4900&Itemid=10370&ed=479), how are they supposed to balance the books without raising charges elsewhere?

Do people think that the council take the money home and buy presents for their children?

The real enemy here is the government. They squeeze councils in good times and bad.

Ah yes I understand the economics that they need to make up the shortfall, What I'm getting at is the questionable aera in which they recoup the money.

I mean the CC has blown on about buying irish and supporting local business.
    then as fas as i can see they cut their own throat buy forcing people out to Tesco/Homebase/Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

old gregg wrote: »
    I dunno, it's big and black and brand spanking new. who knows, maybe it's Toyota but it looked like an Audi.

Well 09-W-1 is a black 2.0 TDi Audi A4 according to cartell.ie anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

ziedth wrote: »
    Ah yes I understand the economics that they need to make up the shortfall, What I'm getting at is the questionable aera in which they recoup the money.

I mean the CC has blown on about buying irish and supporting local business.
    then as fas as i can see they cut their own throat buy forcing people out to Tesco/Homebase/Harvey Norman.

I'm not sure what the alternative is though. Where else does the money come from? They can only raise money on certain things like waste and parking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

That is such a cool website.
    All years from 01 to 03 is a passet, then in 04 it's a saab, get even better each year since then. (ie 01w1)
    Better be a micra in 2010!

yep, that's the puppy we're paying for, saw it again yesterday.

Advertisement