Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APPLE TV

• 18-02-2009 5:10pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I would like to pick up an Apple TV , second hand or new , I have just set up a US itunes account and find it dead handy that i would be able to hook this up to the tv and rent tv shows and movies !

Went into Harvey normans in Newbridge yesterday and asked for and the reply i got was "whats apple tv?" and then tipped over to the PC world to be told that "Apple tv is not sold in Ireland"

I know it is sold in ireland cause i work for a retail outfit and used to have them in stock but my supplier is out and doesnt know when they will have them back ,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

I would like to pick up an Apple TV , second hand or new , I have just set up a US itunes account and find it dead handy that i would be able to hook this up to the tv and rent tv shows and movies !

Went into Harvey normans in Newbridge yesterday and asked for and the reply i got was "whats apple tv?" and then tipped over to the PC world to be told that "Apple tv is not sold in Ireland"

I know it is sold in ireland cause i work for a retail outfit and used to have them in stock but my supplier is out and doesnt know when they will have them back ,

I presume you've tried www.apple.ie ? Failing that Misco.ie has great prices on Apple products. Or Ebay.

Edit: If you're looking for bricks and mortar shops, I think I saw Spectra photo selling the Apple TV.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Elessar wrote: »
    I presume you've tried www.apple.ie ? Failing that Misco.ie has great prices on Apple products. Or Ebay.

Edit: If you're looking for bricks and mortar shops, I think I saw Spectra photo selling the Apple TV.

Cheers , yeah looking for the bricks and mortar, I will try them tomorrow, 3g have one in galway but did offer to have it sent down to either tallaght or dundrum,

Was trying to get my hands on one tonight , but it will do until tomorrow morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

If you can avoid the apple.ie store - if you are gonna buy from the Apple site, buy from the UK website (ask a UK mate or someone to do it for yea due to CC restrictions and get the to post it over to yea.)

UK site:
    Apple TV 40gb - 195GBP = 219.565 EUR
    IE site:
    Apple TV 40gb - €299.00!

Advertisement