Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40ft storage containers

Options
  • 18-02-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

I'm trying to source 40ft (or smaller) storage container for house build. basically to storage furniture and building material while the the build progresses. does anyone have any idea how much they cost delivered. of where i would look for them (have tried buy and sell and autotrader ) or maybe an alternative solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,163 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

There are people all over Ireland who supply and deliver containers but rates depend on delivery distance. I do know of someone in Newcastle West, Co Limerick who delivers containers. he also dismantles truck bodies so its possible you might pick up one cheaper than a container.

A year ago I was looking at containers and priced them at 1000 euros for a 40 or 20 foot, it seems the 20's are much more popular. If you could see yourself keeping it after the build you should see if you can source a container that has doors at both ends. That way you can put in a false internal wall to divide the container, place the furniture in the back and lock it. Now building tools/ materials can be safely locked in the front.

I've heard of this being done and the person ran water pipes, electrical wire and telephone cable between the house and the container even before the house was built or the container installed. That way there was no messy redigging of driveways once the build was finished.

Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Not sure of the name of the company,but I saw a sign advertising containers for sale down in the docks. basically if you drive out of the port tunnel and take your first left,it was on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Gontainers are great for storing building materials but not great for furniture as condensation can build up in them. This is especially true if they are in a shaded area and not opened daily!

Matress, leather sofa or timber furniture would IMO suffer badly in a closed container during the damp Irish winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jacob07

You could also try Space Self Storage. i have a 50sq ft with Space Self Storage, south dublin m50, New clean and very efficent service. www.spacestorage.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement