Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job prospects Limerick City

Options
  • 18-02-2009 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hello all,

I am planning a move back to the Limerick area after the summer 2009 but am worried about the job prospects in the area.

I am a structural engineer and there has been nothing advertised now for months in the area. Is there anyone who works in this field and can let me know how things are going generally and how the might be likely to go over the next year or so. Any opinions at all would be great.

If there is nothing on then I'll have to postpone the move :(((((((((((

There doesn't seem to be much work even in Dublin though. Is it that bad everywhere?

Thanks very much

Niall

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Yea its prity bad Niall. I'm in IT myself and I can't leave the job I have because if I do, theres hundreds of people lining up for it and there is no way of me finding anything else. In cork there might be a few jobs knockin around. I know a quantity suveyor and his company have gone from 10 to 2 people and a secretary because they have no work. No building sites around anymore. Well there are but they've all been prosponed. Even the polish are movin home....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

yeah, i am a services engineer, there is nothing happening in limerick and neither will there be for a long time imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My advice would be to stay put for a while longer if possible and see if things pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

I`m a mechanical designer, not a good time to change jobs. If you are lucky enough to have one, hold onto it & don`t let go

The housing / building market is crippled & it will be worse before the end of the year.

I`d advise you stay where you are for now

Advertisement