Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident evil 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No way near as long as resi 4 , haveing a partner was annoying at 1st but one you realise she's just a drug and ammo mule its all good she makes a good nurse :D cant see there being extra chapters like 4 bet theyll sell that to us as dlc :mad:

5 of 6 chapters complete as good as 4 in some ways but its missing that tension when the zombies where climbing ladders and in through windows after you , its got that but just doesnt seem as good

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

calex71 wrote: »
    No way near as long as resi 4 , haveing a partner was annoying at 1st but one you realise she's just a drug and ammo mule its all good she makes a good nurse :D cant see there being extra chapters like 4 bet theyll sell that to us as dlc :mad:

5 of 6 chapters complete as good as 4 in some ways but its missing that tension when the zombies where climbing ladders and in through windows after you , its got that but just doesnt seem as good

Where did you get the full game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Downloaded it obviously. Its not out yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Downloaded it obviously. Its not out yet

No I got from a pal in the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Mr. K wrote: »
    To be honest, I actually speedran through RE2 a few weeks ago. I played through Claire A in 3 hours 20 minutes, reading all the files and watching all the cutscenes. Not an amazing time, but I got an A rank. Then I played through Leon B in 2 hours and 9 minutes :eek:. I didn't think I was going that fast, I watched all the cutscenes and wasted a few minutes! A testament to my wasted childhood...

I used to play through it really fast, doing speedruns. I would go through both scenarios without saving :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

god Fcking dam it. I am sick to the teeth of these half games coming out. I was soo looking forward to a nice 20 hour romp like resi 4. Just when u think its over, it throws something new at u.

Most games these days are like one level of the games we got on the n64. 60 hours of zelda compared to 4 hours of gears.

Resi 5 was my great white hope. Not anymore. Today i am a broken man...

Ok rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

played the demo,it was really good,but it was hard,but i will defintly get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

pipeliner wrote: »
    god Fcking dam it. I am sick to the teeth of these half games coming out. I was soo looking forward to a nice 20 hour romp like resi 4. Just when u think its over, it throws something new at u.

Most games these days are like one level of the games we got on the n64. 60 hours of zelda compared to 4 hours of gears.

Ok rant over

Whoa man, step away from the edge there, don't wanna do anything hasty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

pipeliner wrote: »

Ok rant over

i think resi 4 was the exception, every other resi game, you could finish in a few hours.. i dont mind if its short, as long as it make me wanna play through it again, and as long as the mercenaries is good, and has a few other unlockables.. Ordered my copy from gamesnash.ie, so hopufully will have it on friday morning :) ....... thats gonna be a loooong day in work :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

thorbarry wrote: »
    and as long as the mercenaries is good, and has a few other unlockables

They better not make that downloadable content but the cynic in mesays they might.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    They better not make that downloadable content but the cynic in mesays they might.

Nah, it looks to be an unlockable according to Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/5164423/a-first-look-at-re5s-unlockable-mercs-mode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know the best {and cheapest} place to get the collects ed?

It's on play but looking for anywhere else selling it?

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8705574/Resident-Evil-5-Limited-Edition-Steelbook/Product.html

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Anybody know the best {and cheapest} place to get the collects ed?

It's on play but looking for anywhere else selling it?

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/8705574/Resident-Evil-5-Limited-Edition-Steelbook/Product.html

I'd say play is probably your best option for price, although, you'll probably be waiting a week or so for it, pity gamesnash.ie aint offering the collecters ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Yeah, one of the guys I work with only got his copy of Killzone 2 yesterday after per-ordering from Play....
    I'd say play is probably your best option for price, although, you'll probably be waiting a week or so for it, pity gamesnash.ie aint offering the collecters ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Mercenaries mode is unlockable, it's in the game, but online co-op Mercenaries isn't. It's supposed to be released as an update, though if it's a patch or DLC I'm not sure about. Hopefully just a patch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

koneko wrote: »
    Mercenaries mode is unlockable, it's in the game, but online co-op Mercenaries isn't. It's supposed to be released as an update, though if it's a patch or DLC I'm not sure about. Hopefully just a patch.

An article on Eurogamer confirmed it's in there as an unlockable as well (probably robbed off Kotaku). Colour me very happy.

Also the comments section mentioned that it's getting great positive response in the forums. I'm not going to look, I want to know as little about this game was possible but it's alleviating my worries a good bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

2 people on EG have the game and are both very happy.

cvxfreak (any RE fan online will no doubt know him, lol) has finished the game and likes it, had a few concerns, but says it has a *lot* of replay value.

My Asian LE is on the way but like an idiot I didn't upgrade my shipping to something faster, so it probably won't get here till friday+ anyway :/

koneko wrote: »
    2 people on EG have the game and are both very happy.

cvxfreak (any RE fan online will no doubt know him, lol) has finished the game and likes it, had a few concerns, but says it has a *lot* of replay value.

My Asian LE is on the way but like an idiot I didn't upgrade my shipping to something faster, so it probably won't get here till friday+ anyway :/

good to hear an opinion from a fan about the game... sick of hearing reviewers give out about the games controlles.... any RE fan will know the controlls in RE have always felt clunky, a problem a mate of mine had with resi 1-3, and wouldnt play them, but loved resi 4

I tested Gamesnash out with SFIV. it was next day delivery so I hope to be playing it come thursday.

I didn't have a problem with the controls either, it was just a complete pain taking on the chainsaw guy with the rifle. I'm sure in the full game I wouldn't even consider such folly. Shotty all the way. The other worry was the lack of set pieces but it was just 2 tiny sections of the game, other sections from gameplay videos look more like Resi 4
    sea monster looking particularly impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Yeah, one of the guys I work with only got his copy of Killzone 2 yesterday after per-ordering from Play....

I preordered RE5 and killzone 2 for 65e on sendit when they had a 10% sale couple of weeks ago. Still haven't received Killzone (hopefully when I get home) so I reckon RE5 will be well delayed too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Just placed an order with gamesnash for this so hopefully I'll have it next friday :)

Moiph wrote: »
    Just placed an order with gamesnash for this so hopefully I'll have it next friday :)

from what i hear, u may even have it on thursday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Even better :D

so... anyone played the full game yet? cant wait to play it me self

I kicked ass in Mercenaries on the Cube. As Wesker.

Hope he's an unlockable in this one too.

jayteecork wrote: »
    I kicked ass in Mercenaries on the Cube. As Wesker.

Hope he's an unlockable in this one too.

ah yea, i'd say he is... he's great on 4, krauser was cool too, wonder what other unlockable characters we have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

so... anyone played the full game yet? cant wait to play it me self

Played a bit of it and I really like it. Compelling story, decent graphics, gameplay feels a bit dated but it doesn't get in the way that much. Its even less of a survival horror than RE4 and the inclusion of a partner completely removes the feeling of dread and worry you got in RE4.

ah yea, i'd say he is... he's great on 4, krauser was cool too, wonder what other unlockable characters we have

They'll have to throw Leon in there I guess. And Ada Wong too.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Played a bit of it and I really like it. Compelling story, decent graphics, gameplay feels a bit dated but it doesn't get in the way that much. Its even less of a survival horror than RE4 and the inclusion of a partner completely removes the feeling of dread and worry you got in RE4.

cool.. less horror more action, not a bad thing

• Advertisement

jayteecork wrote: »
    They'll have to throw Leon in there I guess. And Ada Wong too.

ha the more the merrier thats what i say

Advertisement