Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident evil 5

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Can ya make Sheva change the weapon shes uses?.Ive given her a spare machine gun i have but she just keeps using the pistol.
    I havent found her that much of a pain tbh...probley cause im playing it on easy:p..but even the way she just takes slow concentrated shots..least shes not firing anywhere wasting ammo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

bit the bullet and bought the game today..first impressions was that I hated it..between trying to manage inventory between myself + sheva and the stupid hotswapping I was nearly gonna quit..30 mins later getting kinda used to it..we'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i would like the game so much better if u could ditch that bitch, she is wrecking my head, she is awlays in my way & i feel im giving her ammo every 2minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The best way I found, is to take the hand gun off her. Just give her an SMG and a rifle. I found with the handgun she burns through rounds. However with the SMG she fires in short bursts and seems to make them count and she is handy with the sniper rifle.

BTW anyone know how to kill the boss in chapter 5, burned the hell out of it with the flamethrower with 6 refills and shot it's weak points when they are exposed with normal weapons but it keeps regenerating. Tried a few times on co-op last night and it wont go down, we keep running out of ammo and have nothing but the flamethrower left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

**** sake haha

I know saying its "unrealistic" is a tad silly, but in an hour into the game ive got zombies that have this **** coming out of their mouths like blade 2, and some crazy bitch with a whopper tentacle head dominating me.

Prefered the old slow zombies, in masses, where its a turkey shoot, loads of fast zombies, is becoming queit the slaughter on veteran : /

I don't mean to be ****ty, but they're clearly not zombies, how much more obvious does the game have to make it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

You're both wrong. They're pirate ghosts, not ghost pirates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Ghost Pirates...arrrrrrrrrr....

The best way I found, is to take the hand gun off her. Just give her an SMG and a rifle. I found with the handgun she burns through rounds. However with the SMG she fires in short bursts and seems to make them count and she is handy with the sniper rifle.

BTW anyone know how to kill the boss in chapter 5, burned the hell out of it with the flamethrower with 6 refills and shot it's weak points when they are exposed with normal weapons but it keeps regenerating. Tried a few times on co-op last night and it wont go down, we keep running out of ammo and have nothing but the flamethrower left.

thought that was chapter 4?
    anyway in the same boat..just cannot kill it no matter what i do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

thought that was chapter 4?
    anyway in the same boat..just cannot kill it no matter what i do..

I spent 20 minutes trying to kill that thing, sheva died, tried for ages again, then I died. 3rd attempt it died within 3 or 4 minutes... I still don't know what I did differently... *scratches head*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That fight isn't hard once you know what you're doing.
    Use the flamethrower until it freaks out and sprouts another tentacle out of the top, it has a weak spot on it (orangey). Shoot that, repeatedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

To stop or reduce tearing make sure your 360 is set to 720p on the display settings.

anyone wanna try co-op im on chapter 3-2 on normal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

hear hear, thats what i have been doing, works a charm.. means she aint gettin near your hand gun bullets, once you play through the game a bit, i think it becoms rather enjoyable, and if ya dont let sheva bug you too much, its a very good game

its ****n terrible that we have to do stuff like this the bitch is out of place in the game.

campcom can you release a patch asap where u have the option to not play with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Stop spoiling the game for people, telling us about later bosses etc. Some of us have more than one 360 game to play at a time. And would be nice to play it without knowing whats going to happen next.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

ROC1977 wrote: »
    To stop or reduce tearing make sure your 360 is set to 720p on the display settings.
    That's what I came here for. Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight.

Class game btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Pretty Happy with the game.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

the screen tear is appalling, almost as bad as dead rising. irritating to have the drop back to 720p, damn it's ways. your woman is a fierce annoying obstacle too.

it does look stunning though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not a patch on Resi 4 unfortunately. It really was designed with multiplayer in mind with very linear levels. However it's still a very good game and at 40 stingers it's well worth it. It's far better than the demo suggested especially now you can use a shotty against mr. chainsaw.

+ A haon.

Dunno why Capcom decided to release such a broken demo. I absolutly hated it. Full game plays a whole lot better.
    Have to agree it's not on a par with 4 (especially with my last playthrough on the Wii which I think is the best ver of RE4 ever.)

Well worth 40 Eurons though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Finished it on Saturday, loved it. The Mercenaries is a brilliant mode. I've been playing solo so far, I didn't find Sheva too annoying. In fact,
    you can play as her offline after you've finished the game
    . Ah, I love playing new Resident Evil games...roll on 6!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

after finishing it i really wish i hadn't wasted my points buying them stupid magic beans action figures, and saved the cash to upgrade later would have made playing the harder difficulties a little easier :mad:

those who have finished or upgraded weapons enough will know why ;)

Edit : I have quite the stash of egg's
    can be used to exploit the inventory and get rich quick see youtube - if you see me online i can glitch around 40 gold and 10 rotten eggs to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Orakulo

Hi guys,

Does anyone knows where I can find the collectors edition? But must be online because is a gift for a friend and will send into his address.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Finished this on normal Monday evening. I started playing on my own and the single player game is border line broken. It is just so much harder to do everything, when playing with the AI. I can imagine the harder modes would be impossible with the AI.

After a while I gave up playing on my own and played with someone else via split screen and the game is far far better with a human player. The game was really meant to be played with 2 people and is really an excellent co-op experience.

Mercaneries mode is also excellent and is pretty addictive as well.

Finished it and thought it was very good.
    Sheva annoyed the crap out of me at times and at one stage I went to throw the controller at my tv but stopped just in time :mad:

If anyone's up for c-op pm me

PSN ID: Aeroblazer
    Gamertag: Airblazer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Can you change the difficulty later in the game?

Im playing it on normal...Im only at the start (the part in the shack were they all start coming through the windows and that big fvcker with the axe comes at you) and Ive died twice on it:mad:

I know I can get by it handily if I really try but I dont want to be taking three or four gos each time I come to a difficult part (dont really have time to be messing around:rolleyes:) but at the same time you want a bit of tension. A few observations (from first impressions)

1. I can tell this is not going to be scary...the daylight is not conducive to a scary or unsettling atmosphere at all imo. Plus the fact that girl is always there takes away that feeling of isolation.

2. Why does Chris look like he's on his way to compete in the Mr. Olympia contest? OK its a minor gripe but the character looks ridiculous imo. He should look athletically muscular not like he's taking steroids:rolleyes:

3. That girl is as useless as tits on a wild boar hog. I dont want to be her babysitter having to give her ammo every few minutes:rolleyes:

4. Its ridiculous that you cant programme it so forward is run and forward+x is walk (rather than vice versa). The way it is now I hold forward+x to run...then I have to take my hand of x to rotate the camera with the right analogue stick then run again.

5. It seems so far like resident evil 4 with a different skin. Seems to be a recurring thing with nextgen games.:(

Anyway that seems harsh, especially as I am only at the very start, but it has not blown me away so far. I reckon Ill get more into it as I get used to the controls so Ill stick with it.

I was a huge fan of resi 4 so I dont really mind the change in game style but how great would it to see a real resi 2 style survival horror game on a next gen console. It seems Capcom are pretty set in their ways with resi games now which is fine but at least give us a new series more similiar to the old re games....there's room for both and I really miss those classic resident evils:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You just have to survive that bit for a certain amount of time.

1. Don't expect any scares although I still don't like the dogs since Resi 1. They look cute in this until their heads rip in two.

2. He's a gay icon. You'll have to deal with it.

3. Yep she is but I found she's handy with a sniper rifle and machine gun.

4. You'll just have to get used to it, it's not that bad.

5. Agreed

As for looking for a Resi 2 type survival horror game you might want to try Dead Space. It's excellent and is basically like Resi 4 if it kept the horror elements of the previous games. Poor writing and a silent protagonist doing fetch quests with no interaction lets it down a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

co op is definatly the way to go, cleared it on normal with a mate online and now we are trying veteran, its not much hard except for the fact that the mobs hit a fair bit harder but my mate had a mag+infinate ammo and i got a nice selection of infinate ammo weps aswell including the bow which is a good weapon once u get the hang of firing it

so far the hardest mob we have encountered is the giant ogre boss, took us a good 6 or 7 trys to kill him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _si_

Great game, added a few of the XBL tags in this thread for some co-op action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Babybing wrote: »
    Im playing it on normal...Im only at the start (the part in the shack were they all start coming through the windows and that big fvcker with the axe comes at you) and Ive died twice on it:mad:
    Strategy: Either just try to live long enough, or
    run out of the hut, into the village and take to the rooftops and shoot him from there!
    1. Don't expect any scares although I still don't like the dogs since Resi 1. They look cute in this until their heads rip in two.
    I saw the dogs and though "Ah cool, more dogs!" followed very quickly by "AAARGH!!! WTF?!?!?!? GTFO!!!" :o
    3. Yep she is but I found she's handy with a sniper rifle and machine gun.
    I armed her this way as well, works pretty well too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's more the fact the the ****ers take so many shotty rounds to put down.

Advertisement