Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resident evil 5

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The dogs in 5 are pretty nasty alright, they're fast and tough.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

My copy arrived today, but it came with a 48hr code for Live so I'm playing SFIV online instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Thanks for the tips fellas.

Got past that part and its actually alright now (glad I stuck with normal, Id say its very easy on "easy").

Must say I did'nt like it at the start but once you get used to the controls and the girl hovering around its actually a very very good game:

I actually like the idea of having the girl with you now. I think it add's something extra to the game tactically and its a pretty fresh idea (ok its been done before but it took balls to take it to the level they have in RE5).

Im still really only at the start (cant get the time to play it:rolleyes:) but Im liking it so far:pac:

Just played throught to finishing chapter 2-1 and must say I'm pleasantly surprised.

I was expecting the worst but the game really is a solid RE adventure.

People have been complaining a lot about Sh..(the woman, whatever her name is)'s AI or lack of it but I think it adds to the danger and the realism.

If you're surrounded by crazed hatchet weilding psychos while some giant black man with a chainsaw is heading your way your decision making probably wouldn't be the best either.

Machine guns are complete ****e(as with RE4) so it's pistols and shotgun for me, as well as some motherfúckin' grenades.
    Barrell smashing for ammo is a bit lame but what are you gonna do? It's a game.

Graphics wise it is truly astounding. After the god-awful GTAiv finally a decent engine on the 360.

Things seemed to have improved since the demo as well. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but moving your weapons in the inv so they can be selected with the d-pad GOW style wasn't in the demo. Works well too, good to switch between handgun, shotgun, incidenary, and regular grenades.

Capcom like RE4 have also gone for the recycyling the face models thing. I blew away some black dude early on then I see the very same guy riding a dirt bike trying to chop my head off! Cheeky C**t!
    Surely Capcom could have used some sort of face randomizer like that since in Saint's row or something.

Recommended anyway, and I only paid €30 for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Playing through this on co-op the last couple of nights with my mate and absolutely loving it! Definitely going to play through it a few times too to get extra achievements and what not ;)

P.S. how much fun is the cattle prod!? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished Chapter 2-3 last night. Action packed, cinematic and great fun to play. Hated Sheva at first, but give her a machine gun and she can take care of herself.

Love love love this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmm.. is this actually good? Loathed the demo but seems a lot of people like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The demo is not very good at representing the full game, if your still uneasy rent it or find a friend who's copy you can borrow. Its not really survival-horror anymore (Resi hasn't been for a while) but a damn awesome action game, even more so in co-op.

And you could move stuff and quick select in the demo if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah basquille, rent it for a few nights and get a feel for it.
    I was a bit put off by the opening siege on the first level too (which I believe was part of the demo?), but once I got past that, it really opened up for me.

If I want Sheva to use the machine gun do I have to remove her pistol?

Cause I gave her the machine gun with a bunch of ammo but she always uses the pistol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah you do. There seems to be a priority with how she uses her weapons and pistol is always first. It's best if you take the pistol since 1 fully upgraded pistol is better than two half arsed ones and sheva robbing all the ammo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Remove her pistol and she'll give you any handgun ammo she picks up if you have the space for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

It's a great game. Not survival horror though! More like gears tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

GrumPy wrote: »
    It's a great game. Not survival horror though! More like gears tbh.

Therein lies the problem for fans of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Does the treasure have any importance or do you just sell them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Perrin wrote: »
    Does the treasure have any importance or do you just sell them?

No importance. It's just there to be collected and sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Thanks,I thougth as much,guess I'll just sell it off and finish it on hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Desmondo2000

I'm finding the pro difficulty level really hard even with infinate ammo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

thebman wrote: »
    Therein lies the problem for fans of the series.
    The story does appease the fan in me though, although the game play is worlds apart from the old Resi games.

Advertisement