Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€10 for flying out of Dublin with Ryanair and other airlines?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Cammy86

Bit late prices are dropping that's why they are in this mess. Yeah we will agree to disagree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Just goes to show how much we were being robbed on prices before

Yeah they rob you once then they rob you again (airport tax). Lol. Joke!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

good one i'm no fan of taxes just fairness and i think this one is fair enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Cammy86 wrote: »
    Its not a luxury to fly when you are hard up and have family in the UK, its a cheap only option.

So the €10 tax for departing Ireland is insane yet you don't seem to have a problem with the £10 tax you've been paying departing UK airports for the past few years?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

INSANE TAX???
    EH WE HAVE NO MONEY WE NEED THIS TAX IF YOU CAN AFFORD TO FLY YOU CAN AFFORD TO PAY
    SIMPLE!!!

Thanks for shouting
    If you can afford now to book to visit the USA would an extra €10 make any difference? No
    If you're spending 3 or 4 hundred quid then €10 isn't much extra.
    Its exactly the same for anyone coming to Ireland their not going to suddenly change their mind because they have to pay another €10.

Some people certainly are. If you're paying a cent of €5 for a flight, and now there's an extra €10 on top, it's going to put some people off.

Darc read the above before commenting. I don't pay any taxes on my flights as I only book when there is a offer which has no taxes so get your facts right!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

MOH wrote: »
    Some people certainly are. If you're paying a cent of €5 for a flight, and now there's an extra €10 on top, it's going to put some people off.

To be fair, nobody wants people who'd be put off by €10.00 on an air fare spending a weekend in their city.

For perspective, in the 1980's I paid over £300.00 to fly to London. You wouldn't get to the airport from Dublin City Centre in a taxi for €10.00

It'll put nobody off, despite what some posters might say. Price of a packet of fags? Pint and a half? That'll stop you going to Milan for a weekend?

Good point but when you are encouraged to use public transport and have always paid a small fee to fly and then have a tax on top I think it is unfair. I think if they put a 10euro tax of fags it would stop many people!!!! Not that It will be you see my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

In the 80s if you wanted to go to London you got the bus/boat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Cammy86 wrote: »
    Darc read the above before commenting. I don't pay any taxes on my flights as I only book when there is a offer which has no taxes so get your facts right!!!!

The FACT is there is a departure tax in the UK for many years that cannot be avoided. It ranges from £10 to £80. FACT.

Just because ryanair paid it for you does not mean it did not exist for your ticket. Ryanair simply absorbed the cost but will charge you elsewhere to get it back. (€2.50 for mini can -150ml of coke)

Now the latest ryanair money grab = charging passengers to check in online / at desk.

"From 1 May all passengers checking in online will be charged a €5 fee, except for promotional fares.

Passengers continuing to use check-in desks will be charged €10 per person from 19 March, and then €20 per person from 1 May"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Scottie99

benifa wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll absorb it, going forward. Otherwise it'll be the end of Ryanair's 1c flights that come from time to time.

"going forward", its one of most annoying phrases in recent years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

For people who have to fly often, or those who only fly Ryanair, then it'll probably have quite an impact. For people who never fly Ryanair (like me) or tourists who might come here once or twice a year, 10 euro will make no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,678 ✭✭✭Trampas

jor el wrote: »
    For people who have to fly often, or those who only fly Ryanair, then it'll probably have quite an impact. For people who never fly Ryanair (like me) or tourists who might come here once or twice a year, 10 euro will make no difference.

the €10 is for all airlines not just Ryanair

Advertisement