Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for business idea or partner

Options
  • 18-02-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

hi.
    i am doing a bit of research and want to know if many people are currently in either of these positions.

1. have markatable skills or ideas but are missing basic business and networking skills to make anything of them.

2. or have good business skills but are missing the idea to make a business.

i fall into catagory 1. anyway,i don't really want any perticulars, i have seen a couple posts about it and am just curious to see if many people fall into these catagories.

patrick

what are you missing inorder to start a business. 13 votes

an idea
    0% 0 votes
    business skills
    38% 5 votes
    skills in your area of intrest
    38% 5 votes
    networking ability
    23% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Lplated

Not sure what your research is aimed at, but... it does strike me that the options you offer aren't mutually exclusive - i.e. it is possible that there is a comination of reasons why a person hasn't set up a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

there should be a "funding" to be ticked. Cheers Oliver

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

thank you for posting. sorry i forgot about funding. :-( in the poll.
    i am really just interested in the people behind the business right now.
    if anyone has any more things to add it would be great if you let me know.

i am doing research on an idea i had yesterday, so it is very early days and not refined at all. i posted the message to see if it was worth developing.

pretty much it comes down to this. i am good at what i do, but am not able to take full advantage of my abilities because i fall short on the sales and business side of things.

then looking through the posts i found a few with people in the opposite boat. people with sales and business skills not being able to create a company because they can't find an area or idea to build a business from.

so that is it. either these 2 groups are out their i can develop my idea or i am wrong and their is no market.
    i hope this makes it little clearer.
    thank's again for posting

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

I still think somebody should organize a placement service, just like on dating websites. businessmatch.com perhaps. Also I still think funding has to be included. I would have a need for 500k funding for a viable business proposal, but it would need a serious individual to do so. So it should be a professional and serious site as well as easy to use and access. Anyway just a thought. Cheers Oliver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You need to add confidence to that poll too. I have the skills and the networks but I lack the confidence to really make something of it. Confidence in my ability. While I get some work from time to time, I know I would get a lot more with confidence.

I get lots of ideas every so often, it is important to expand on them and see what would work in reality. Funding holds me back from expanding on some of my ideas. So at the moment I am working on an idea with minimum capital input. (Cost me about 500 to start up so far).

Motivation is something else you should consider, someone might have the finance, the idea, the confidence, the business and networking skill but just lack the drive to go for it. They may not be motivated at all. You know?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭515

I still think somebody should organize a placement service, just like on dating websites. businessmatch.com perhaps. Also I still think funding has to be included. I would have a need for 500k funding for a viable business proposal, but it would need a serious individual to do so. So it should be a professional and serious site as well as easy to use and access. Anyway just a thought. Cheers Oliver

BusinessAngels.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭patrickspicture

I still think somebody should organize a placement service, just like on dating websites. businessmatch.com perhaps.

you guessed right Oliver. that is the general idea of what i was thinking. still have to look into it more to see what is involved and if it is viable idea.
    i am happy with the feedback i have been getting.

thank you :-)

Advertisement