Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai coupe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

well it shouldn't be too bad on juice, road tax is about 450 a year. Insurance i dunno. Probably a loading because its probably classed as a sports car but couldn't imagine it being huge. Whats your driving experience? That one looks tidy enough for a 9 year old car. One or two little marks but thats to be expected. Make sure to get it properly checked out and try confirming the mileage. It is very low for the year but thats not too unusual really. Just be safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's definitely not a sports car and I think the insurance companies know that. There might be a small premium loading but that's it. Have heard mixed things about it but the overall impression is good. Have a look here.

Edit: It loads my quote by €300, comparing 1.6 Almera to 1.6 Coupe.

i know its not a sports car but it will be classed as something more sporting than a family hatch. If its first time insurance that 300 squid could be a lot bigger mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What year are you looking at?

I have a 08 for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Melion wrote: »
    What year are you looking at?

I have a 08 for sale

The Op has a link to a 2000 so I presume it's around that year he is looking at.

OP - I used to have a 2003 (newer model than the one you attached) and really liked it - It was 1.6, nice gear box and lively enough. I think from memory it was getting around 30mpg. Personally I never really liked the look of the older model like the one attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

TheBazman wrote: »
    The Op has a link to a 2000 so I presume it's around that year he is looking at.

OP - I used to have a 2003 (newer model than the one you attached) and really liked it - It was 1.6, nice gear box and lively enough. I think from memory it was getting around 30mpg. Personally I never really liked the look of the older model like the one attached

30mpg isnt great from a 1.6 tbh.
    A '00 1.8 celica is capable of 33-36mpg...:p

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I test drove a '00 (from that dealer, btw) and I found it very sluggish. I guess I was expecting more, but there's nothing special about it. Maybe it was just the one I got in, but I wasn't impressed and I moved my sights further afield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Have you sat in one yet? I'm 6 ft tall, and can't fit into one if it has a sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had the same problem Zube, just had to recline the driver's seat a bit more to make room :)

martydunf wrote: »
    30mpg isnt great from a 1.6 tbh.
    A '00 1.8 celica is capable of 33-36mpg...:p

Depends where you drive it...or how you drive it:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Zube wrote: »
    Have you sat in one yet? I'm 6 ft tall, and can't fit into one if it has a sunroof.

I never sat in the older ones but they must have changed that in the newer models. The 08 has plenty of room in the front, not so much in the back but that never affected me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Zube wrote: »

I can only reference the newer model but I'm 6 3" and cant remember having a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,220 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

im lookin to buy at the moment. but havent a scooby doo really. is this car cheap to run? tax , insurance etc. i love the look of those hyundais

http://cars.motornet.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1274474

Seems very expensive compared to this one which is 3 years younger:
    http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1321082

Advertisement