Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox360 to LCD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

The first link is broken for me but from the url it looks like it's official xbox gear in which case it's horribly overpriced; so I would go with the DVI to HDMI adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

would the picture quality be enhanced?
    fixed link*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Afaik, The official VGA cable is the same as using a component cable where the HDMI to DVI is the same as full HDMI.

The HDMI to DVI cable works great, I had it running on mine until I got a monitor with a HDMI port on it. The only problem with HDMI to DVI is that it doesn't carry sound over it. I got around this by running one of these cables from the 360 to the AUX port on my pc. (I'm not endorsing this Ebay seller, it's just the first picture I found when I googled for the cable:))

Another way of getting the sound working is to hack the casing off the standard A/V cable, as shown here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Afaik, The official VGA cable is the same as using a component cable where the HDMI to DVI is the same as full HDMI.
    Not quite right.

The official VGA cable outputs 1080i, and you'll get the more-or-less the same quality as HDMI (1080p).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the component cable outputs at 480p if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,026 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stephen wrote: »
    Sorry.. once again I got mixed up component and composite! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think a lot of the mix up comes from the fact that most TV's won't accept 1080p over component anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Another way of getting the sound working is to hack the casing off the standard A/V cable, as shown here.

I use that way. Works perfectly. Much better than paying MS for the privilege. My component cable looks under a bit of strain from it at this stage, though!

The only problem with HDMI to DVI is that it doesn't carry sound over it.

Huh?

I bought this from this exact seller on eBay and it works fine, sound and all. I'm using a monitor so not sure if that makes any difference.

Advertisement