Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Repair problem

Options
  • 18-02-2009 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭

First off, not sure if here is the right place for this but anyway....

The best part of 2 weeks ago my Playstation 3 completely shutdown for whatever reason.

I decided to bring the console to a Sony repair warehouse.

The console was there for at least 5 days. They said it would cost 106 to repair, as I had to pay 30 up front when I left it there. So I told them to go ahead & fix it, & I got the console back on the 9th February with a 3 month guarantee.

6 days later it shutdown again. Same problem. So, Im pretty annoyed at this stage & I bring the console back to them the next day.

2 days later The repair man told me that it is unfixable & offered me a "factory used" console for a further 120 euro. This does not seem like a very good guarantee.

So, basically I am wondering am I entitled to anything? :confused:

Any help appreciated. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How old is the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I got it on day one in 2006. I think March 13 2006.

EDIT: March 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I got it on day one in 2006. I think March 13 2006.

EDIT: March 2007.
    do sony not have a two year warranty? or alternatively go back to where you bought it as items like this are supposed to have a reasonable lifespan and less than two years is not reasonable for an item costing as much as €400

foggy_lad wrote: »
    do sony not have a two year warranty? or alternatively go back to where you bought it as items like this are supposed to have a reasonable lifespan and less than two years is not reasonable for an item costing as much as €400
    No, its out of warranty, & when I got it, it cost me 630.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No, its out of warranty, & when I got it, it cost me 630.
    You have a two year EU warranty, don't matter what Sony want to claim on it. Go back to the store where you bought it.

• Advertisement

Cool. I'll give that a shot. :)

Advertisement