Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone Exchange - Log na gCapall

Options
  • 18-02-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking to get a land line & want to check out broadband options - BT 24Mb very tempting!

Only problem is without a number I cannot check what exchange I am linked to. Anyone know what exchange the houses in Log na gCapall are on?

Cheers,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Where exactly is log na ngapail?

EDIT google says south circular road, I believe the relavent exchange is in dooradoyle. am connected to that one my self and it is broadband enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ask a neighbour if you can enter their land line number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Just off the couth circular near the old racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

This area is quite close to the border between Dooradoyle exchange and Limerick axe. However broadband should be available without difficulty. If you check any house in the estate you will confirm what exchange, Dooradoyle usually start with 30 and Limerick axe begin 31 or with 4.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

shawnee wrote: »
    This area is quite close to the border between Dooradoyle exchange and Limerick axe. However broadband should be available without difficulty. If you check any house in the estate you will confirm what exchange, Dooradoyle usually start with 30 and Limerick axe begin 31 or with 4.:)

just to add, dooradoyle can also start with 22. my number was 22XXXX before I went over to magnet. The telephone number to the office in the dooradoyle exchange also begins with 22

• Advertisement

I don't suppose you could PM me the full number so I could check it??

managed to check & we are on BT!!! Anyway of knowing if the 24MB broadband is actually attainable? Or if even 7MB BB is achievable with Eircom?

Obviously can't use speedtest.net until i am signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

managed to check & we are on BT!!! Anyway of knowing if the 24MB broadband is actually attainable? Or if even 7MB BB is achievable with Eircom?

Call them up and they will run a line test. If you dont have a landline number they will run a line test on your neighbours phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

really depends on your distance from the exchange, and the quality of the telephone line. 6-7Mb is possible on most exchanges now, provided you are within a mile or 2 of the exchange.

You can use the below link to check to see if your exchange is 24MB enabled:-

http://www.btireland.ie/check_exchange/

Advertisement