Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re homing my dog ??????

Options
  • 18-02-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

hi there ....
    First of all, I can't believe I'm going to post about this but I'm at the end of my tether ... and I'm hoping I'll get some advice. I have a 6yr old king charles/Begle X who I love to bits. I also have a 15 month old baby and lately I just don't seem to be able to manage the 2. Before I had Daughter my neighbour who worlked shift used to take him for a couple of hours during the day walking and me or boyfriend would take him for a stroll in the evening too - he got loads of attention from the minute one of us came in the door. However, me and my BF have split, my neighbour has moved away and I just can't take him out in the evenings because my daughter is in bed - as it is he's in the house most of the day except for the few minutes that i pop home at lunchtime to let him out. As a result of the lack of exercise he's obviously more demanding at home - looking to go out and as soon as I open the door doesn't want to go out, barkingand crying at nothing and scratching at the doors and furniture . He's good with my little girl too as in he's not agressive towards her but when I play on the floor with her he obviously wants to join in which is fine but then he ends up knocking her over and then the tears start and I end up annoyed at him even though I know it's not his fault.
    so I don't know what to do - It's not fair keeping him cooped up all day. I couldn't get him put to sleep. I've been thinking of trying to look for a new home for him but i really don't know where to start - I couldn't bare to give him to someone who wouldn't love him and treat him well. I can't believe I'm actually writing this .... So my question is - does anyone have any ideas where i might start looking for a good home for my dog - It'll break my heart but the poor little thing seems so sad these days - it's just not fair ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

pm'in you help!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 catussa

I am in exactly the same situation, anybody any advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭rockofrepublic

have you a picture of the dog?? maybe you could ask some one to foster it for a lil bit??

Im looking for a dog at the moment my self.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You seem so upset op. :(

Try posting a pic of him and details in the rehoming thread.

You could also try contacting rescues. If you decide to contact rescues for help however, I would suggest a donation is given to help with his rehoming.

If he is not neutered, get him done, at least that way you know he's not gone to some breeder and is going to a family who will love him.

Be very very very careful of people who want him as a "gift" for christmas. This is a very bad idea and a lot of gifted pets end up looking for homes when the novelty wears off. Make sure you meet potential owners, as in EVERYONE in the house, before letting him go. Again, you might be able to get someone who homechecks for a rescue to do this with you as they know what to look for and what questions to ask.

My final piece of advice would be to think very hard if you decide to get another dog in the future. Things crop up in life that can make it very hard to deal with having a dependant animal. You don't want to go through this heartache again. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

Guys just wanted to point out that the original post was made in February:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭B'witched

catussa wrote: »
    I am in exactly the same situation, anybody any advise?

I think its this poster that has resurrected the thread and is asking for advice now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement