Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reconfiguring netopia 2247NWG

Options
  • 18-02-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

can this router be reconfigured to act as a wireless card instead of an access gateway ?

I'm looking at using two of these in my home network - one will be as per normal operation (access gateway) with PC1 connected by ethernet cable - the other will be connected to a remote network that has 2 PCs connected.

I'm hoping the remote network will communicate with the access gateway and PC1 via this new wireless bridge ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

enmac wrote: »
    can this router be reconfigured to act as a wireless card instead of an access gateway ?

I'm looking at using two of these in my home network - one will be as per normal operation (access gateway) with PC1 connected by ethernet cable - the other will be connected to a remote network that has 2 PCs connected.

I'm hoping the remote network will communicate with the access gateway and PC1 via this new wireless bridge ?

Why do you need to used the two? Is the house ultra big or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭enmac

dub45 wrote: »
    Why do you need to used the two? Is the house ultra big or something?

It's an outside office approx. 40 metres from wireless router
    Any ideas ?

Advertisement