Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brit Awards

• 18-02-2009 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

BEST LIVE ACT

The Mighty Maiden :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

You said it! However, In my opinion they should have got the lifetime achievment award. By the way, U2 were shocking. Bono in full make up anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Did not see the show myself, so cannot really say much about U2's performance other than I am not a fan of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I couldn't believe they said Iron Maiden, I was thrilled, but naturally puzzled that this Metal band had managed to get an award alongside Katy Perry, Duffy and Elbow....who, for some reason, managed to beat Radiohead and "the UKs most popular band" Girls Aloud to win Best British Group. FFS they have just one song....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I couldn't believe they said Iron Maiden, I was thrilled, but naturally puzzled that this Metal band had managed to get an award alongside Katy Perry, Duffy and Elbow....who, for some reason, managed to beat Radiohead and "the UKs most popular band" Girls Aloud to win Best British Group. FFS they have just one song....

sky news were reporting the other day that some fans organised an online campaign to get maiden/metal fans to vote on the brits site for them. whatever it was it worked,fair play,they deserve it,their live shows are savage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

It's the Brits, it's not like it's a major achievement.
    That said, it's nice to see Maiden win an award in the midst of R&B mundane crap and boyband hell. No matter how it was done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It's the Brits, it's not like it's a major achievement.
    That said, it's nice to see Maiden win an award in the midst of R&B mundane crap and boyband hell. No matter how it was done.

it's one less award for c***play,thats good in my book:P

Advertisement