Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirror electronics

• 18-02-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,385 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody had a look a mirrorelectronics.com
    They have a range of mobile phones which look quite good. Eg: touch screen, 2 sim cards, analog tv, tri & quad band.
    any opinions. The phones arent branded. They are offered at 150, 200 euro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Site looks slightly ropey. Might be legit though. They've been around for 2 whole months!

Their site's contact info is a gmail address: mirrorelectronics @ gmail.com
    Their paypal info is a different address: d.fabio07 @ hotmail.com

The whois record is a bit more helpful (and uses the hotmail address above) - it's some guy in Lucan, Dublin.

Dunno really. Let us know how you get on :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,385 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I looked up the particular phones being offered by entering the model number into google. There are a few people offering them at similar prices.

Are these phones any good? Maybe they are crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would not buy from that website personally. Everything seems very dodgy. Also the domain was only regstered Dec 2008.

mickdw - is this your website? Do you know the person who runs it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,385 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Random wrote: »
    I would not buy from that website personally. Everything seems very dodgy. Also the domain was only regstered Dec 2008.

mickdw - is this your website? Do you know the person who runs it?

Nope, its certainly not mine and I dont know the person who runs. The whois profile as linked by poster above gives the guys name, address and mobile number though.

Im thinking more about the possible quality(poor) of the phones than whether the site is genuine or not. I saw a couple of small ads in Buy and sell for mirror electronics.... thats where I got it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

One of the phones they're advertising has a SNES emulator. Considering that this is illegal, I'd say the trustworthiness of this website is suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

mobius42 wrote: »
    One of the phones they're advertising has a SNES emulator. Considering that this is illegal, I'd say the trustworthiness of this website is suspect.

Just a quick (not troll q) why are they illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

congo_90 wrote: »
    Just a quick (not troll q) why are they illegal?

It's perfectly legal to write an emulator. What's illegal is to supply copied ROMs of SNES games. Which to be fair, these guys don't do AFAIK.

Advertisement