Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cubase LE4/Superior Drummer MIDI out levels problem..

Options
  • 18-02-2009 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I`m having trouble getting the MIDI out level activated in Superior Drummer/EZPlayer Pro via Cubase LE4, MIDI in level is ok and in Superior, levels are all activated,it is the same for EZplayer Pro. I`ve tried everything I can think of been everywhere I can think of,even the levels in Superior Drummer are all activated, where do I go to get MIDI out activated???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

lewis wrote: »
    I`m having trouble getting the MIDI out level activated in Superior Drummer/EZPlayer Pro via Cubase LE4, MIDI in level is ok and in Superior, levels are all activated,it is the same for EZplayer Pro. I`ve tried everything I can think of been everywhere I can think of,even the levels in Superior Drummer are all activated, where do I go to get MIDI out activated???

Lewis, why do you want Midi Out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Well I thought that that`s why it was`nt working, cause the midi out level was`nt moving,I dunno why else i`m not gettin the superior drummer playing through it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

heres what you need to be doing (if you havent already)

add superior 2 instrument
    add ez player instrument
    set up 1 midi track (midi output to superior 2 - midi input from eazy player)
    select midi file on ez player and hit play button.

this setup is working 100% on sx3 and cubase 4.

heres what you need to be doing (if you havent already)

add superior 2 instrument
    add ez player instrument
    set up 1 midi track (midi output to superior 2 - midi input from eazy player)
    select midi file on ez player and hit play button.

this setup is working 100% on sx3 and cubase 4.

I have superior working through cubase, but im still a newbie to cubase how do i go about setting up 1 midi track (midi output to superior 2 - midi input from ez player) sorry if im being annoying, also this came up when i tried to add ez player......

This mixer configuration expected "ezplayer" to have output 1: stereo

-> the instrument currently has output 1: mono,

-> the instrument channel will be silent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Heres how to do it from scratch. Open up Cubase and start a project. Press F11 to open your vsti menu and select EZplayer in one slot and Superior 2.0 in another. Create a midi track. Select EZplayer as the track input and Superior 2.0 as the track output, it should look like the picture below:

14226343xh3.jpg

Thats it.

• Advertisement

i`ll give it a go and let you know, thanks, I wish i had more time at my music than i spend at working...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Cubase 5 is really pretty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

TelePaul wrote: »

was just looking at it in SOS and thinking the same.. a great step up from that unfinished dog that was C4. still not as shaggable as PT8. she's a dirty dirty girl...

BuddhaJoe wrote: »
    Heres how to do it from scratch. Open up Cubase and start a project. Press F11 to open your vsti menu and select EZplayer in one slot and Superior 2.0 in another. Create a midi track. Select EZplayer as the track input and Superior 2.0 as the track output, it should look like the picture below:

14226343xh3.jpg

Thats it.

I dont see ezplayer in the input menu and the same for superior, how do i get them there,what the hell am i doing wrong, please be patiencent withg me

I dont see ezplayer in the input menu and the same for superior, how do i get them there,what the hell am i doing wrong, please be patiencent withg me

Do you have them open in your Virtual Instruments window (F11)? Below is a larger screenshot, all I did was put EZPlayer in one vsti slot and Superior Drummer in another vsti slot (see the virtual instrument window on the right hand side of the first screenshot). once they are selected there they should appear in the dropdown for your midi input/output for your selected midi track (see screenshot 2)

39405973.jpg

87287599.jpg

Sorry for the large pics :o
    TelePaul wrote: »

Its pretty great alrite :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

BuddhaJoe wrote: »

Its pretty great alrite :pac:

I'm still milking SE3 for all it's worth! ;)

I noticed your using Cubase 5,I`m using Cubase LE 4,does that make a difference? nothing happins when i press F11, all i see is VST connections via devices,would it help if if gave you all my hardware/devices etc. info? What info would be best for you to know so you can help me?

I noticed your using Cubase 5,I`m using Cubase LE 4,does that make a difference? nothing happins when i press F11, all i see is VST connections via devices,would it help if if gave you all my hardware/devices etc. info? What info would be best for you to know so you can help me?

I have LE4 aswell and for the most part it operates the same as C5. If pressing F11 is doing nothing for you go to Devices in the top menu and select VST Instruments from there. That should open the VST Instruments window.

i have superior working through cubase now all good, but ezplayer is not playing,no sound....i`m using my tv and laptop while using cubase, any idea how to have the mixer window on one and the main track window on the other? thanks for helping me out man!!!

Im not too sure why EZplayer isnt working for you. Theres an updated manual for it which you can download in your toontrack account which should point you in the right direction.

As for the dual screens, if you restore down the Cubase window you should be able to drag it across both screens allowing you to put the mixer on one and and the main track window in the other.

no it didnt work,both screens are displaying the same pics so dragging anything is the same on both screens......

Ah I see. Im in work atm so I dont have access to a dual screen setup but if you go to control panel -> display there should be various dual screen modes available to you including extending your desktop over two screens.

ok i got the dual screen activated, but neither screens in cubase will not got outside the main window, i cant moe the whole lot back and forth but not the mixer or track windows..i figured it out, i resized the main window over the 2 screens and then put one on each side of it :), i downloaded the upate for ezplayer and when i try to open it in a track it says this....this mixer config.expected ezplayer to have output 1:stereo
    the instrument currently has output 1:mono
    the instrument channel will be silent

Cool, glad to hear you got the screens sorted :) I just remember when you using EZplayer through Superior you need to have the midi track you are using selected otherwise you wont hear anything, maybe this is your problem?

i thought we were tryin to get ezplayer playing through cubase so i could record, no?
    should i be in ezplayer settings maybe the problems there? i mean superior is working fine in cubase??

• Advertisement

i thought we were tryin to get ezplayer playing through cubase so i could record, no?
    should i be in ezplayer settings maybe the problems there? i mean superior is working fine in cubase??

Nope. EZplayer is basically just a midi loop library. You put EZplayer through Superior to preview and arrange the loops and when you find something you like you need to drag it into the main Window where it will appear on a new midi track.

Advertisement