Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leavong Cert Oral Exam - time change?

Options
  • 19-02-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I havent actually gotten my time for my french or irish oral exam yet, but we have been told the week they are on. On the friday of this week i plan to leave the country for the weekend, however. But, i dont want to book flights/hotel room/whatever else on the off chance that my oral exam would be on the friday.

so i was curious, i know its a state exam, but is there some way that if it was on the friday, i could have the time changed? ask the school to talk to whoever organises the exams? or ask whoever organises the exams myself? people seem to doubt this is possible, but i figured id post here before i decided...surely there must be some way to do it?

any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

As far as I am aware you are allowed change just swap with someone else but let it be known to your teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Jasonsc

thats what i was thinking yea, said that to my parents, but they said no since its a state exam the school has no control over it, but surely it could be organised? ty for the reply.

anyone have actual experience with this? or know someone who did?
    any help very much appreciated, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Jasonsc wrote: »
    I havent actually gotten my time for my french or irish oral exam yet, but we have been told the week they are on. On the friday of this week i plan to leave the country for the weekend, however. But, i dont want to book flights/hotel room/whatever else on the off chance that my oral exam would be on the friday.

so i was curious, i know its a state exam, but is there some way that if it was on the friday, i could have the time changed? ask the school to talk to whoever organises the exams? or ask whoever organises the exams myself? people seem to doubt this is possible, but i figured id post here before i decided...surely there must be some way to do it?

any help appreciated, thanks.

It depends what you are going for, if its any sort of holiday type thing, they will mostly likely tell you to get stuffed, if its a valid reason, theyll more than likely accomadate you.

thanks again for reply.

theres noone with actual experience of this though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

In my school last year we were able to choose when we wanted them.
    So, for people who wanted to get them over and done with straight away they were allowed go first, people who wanted to wait until near the end when reports of what sorts of questions the examiner was firing got to go at the end and so on.

I'd say it depends on your school, but just ask the teacher in charge and i'm sure they'll allow you go earlier in the week.

• Advertisement

thanks man :) (or lady :P)

ill ask after mid term is over

ty all for replies

Advertisement