Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think 2fm made a crutial mistake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cliona mull

2fm is certainly NOT going down the drains. I absolutely love it. They have the best broadcasters than any other radio station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I do not listen to 2FM for the music and I won't be listening to 2FM for the music.

well what a quandry for 2fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

Isn't that story from the First week of January?

Anyway, 2FM abandoning the dependence of dj's on unfunny brainless liars texting idiotic stories and messages for content can only be an improvement.

"Hi Nikki. Mi Opel Corsa is da bomb! Play Chris Brown 4 mi bird" and "Hey Rick, my cat has nine nipples. How many nipple does the cat with the most nipples in the world have? Wouldn't it be cool if there was a cat with nine nipples in the Simpsons?"

That wasn't "chat", that was gruesome aural excrement, and it added nothing to the airwaves. The entire world is a better place for it's removal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Love this part of the article ...."RTE pop station 2fm is to dumb down its afternoon schedule by banning any talk from its shows and ordering its DJs to play music only.":rolleyes:

I know...Ironic.

It's cruel, but it's pretty easy to imagine that when one particular DJ mentioned is at home, the collective IQ of Montrose rises by at least half a dozen points...

• Advertisement

IMO, 2fm dj speak -amounts to little more than a homogeneous mass of Smashie and Nicey type, prozac feuled, banality. But each to his/her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Well, if they stopped those two cretins on the breakfast show from talking, I might tune in for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It will be refreshing not to hear DJs pimping their bebo pages constantly.

Amen.

Now that the self pimping of the inner soul seems to have bitten the bullet, if they could cut down on the "comedy" we'd be laughing. If I want comedy, I'll listen to a comedian, not a pair of desperately píss-poor early morning halfwits failing to hit the easy targets they aim at.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Yes, it really has gotten to the point where you have to feed your radio some oily fish to try and get some brain cells producing on it. Waffling for the sake of waffling seems to have become a production value. Championing Louis Walshes stable of no talented half wits is also 'da bomb'. Text messages are taking over the radio too. If I wanted to hear the opinion of every idiot ever born, I'd spend the day taking taxis...
    Please somebody stop the rot. DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Singer73 wrote: »
    Yes, it really has gotten to the point where you have to feed your radio some oily fish to try and get some brain cells producing on it. Waffling for the sake of waffling seems to have become a production value. Championing Louis Walshes stable of no talented half wits is also 'da bomb'. Text messages are taking over the radio too. If I wanted to hear the opinion of every idiot ever born, I'd spend the day taking taxis...
    Please somebody stop the rot. DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!

I would be a lot more worried about the quality or standard of spelling or english that is going on in the first few posts.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Pat2107 wrote: »
    Is 2fm going down the drains?

Yes. IMO.

I think Rick O Shea with out chat is like bread without butter. Colm without Jim-Jim.

They are well gonna lose listeners. I never liked Nikki Hayes anyway, but to do that to her show is a bit hasty. People like that chat in the afternoon, and are not gonna tune in just for the music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I have been wondering this since Christmas!

I used to be laughing out loud in the car at Rick O'Sheas show. I hardly listen to him at all now.... so they have lost a listener in me with this new format. He was the only time I don't listen to Today FM.... Back to Tony now..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

"Both Nikki and Rick's shows offered listeners smart intelligent content," according to one source.

I don't think I've EVER heard anything resembling intelligent content on these shows.
    I tuned out long ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

2fm is certainly NOT going down the drains. I absolutely love it. They have the best broadcasters than any other radio station.

Haha do you work for 2FM? The only thing they did right was get rid of that idiot TF!

Depends what music they'll play. It's usually a mix of awful and decent. Seems a step in the right direction though. Maybe I'll tune it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dennyboy22

This may seem mad but................Is cliona mull really Nikki Hays incognito? Check out all her posts???? Bom Bom Bommmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Yes. IMO.

I think Rick O Shea with out chat is like bread without butter. Colm without Jim-Jim.

They are well gonna lose listeners. I never liked Nikki Hayes anyway, but to do that to her show is a bit hasty. People like that chat in the afternoon, and are not gonna tune in just for the music.

I agree. I know a lot of people don't like him but I always found his show to be refreshing and light-hearted in the middle of my menial day of work! Now he's indistinguishable from most of the other shows on 2fm, 98, FM104, Spin, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I haven't noticed a difference yet but do find it strange that Michael Cahill would tell them to have less talk when his show has the same amount of talk!
    Certainly don't think 2fm is going down the drain though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The should hire Aine Chambers, I lover her voice.

RTE is trying to turn Radio 1 into 2FM's twin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Dennyboy22 wrote: »
    This may seem mad but................Is cliona mull really Nikki Hays incognito? Check out all her posts???? Bom Bom Bommmm

or she's just a random user that likes 2fm and it's dj's? OH DEAR GAWD NO how could that be possible though?!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If she is between 12 and 16 and uses Bebo, then it is entirely possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Radio 1 for talk .................2FM for Music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sputnik101

Why do you all listen to 2fm if you so obviously do not like it?

I don't.

Advertisement