Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cabling problem

Options
  • 19-02-2009 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all, I'd appreciate any help

There is one eircom broadband connection router which is connected wirelessly and by cable to various computers.

Most computers are in the immediate vicinity of the router, one is connected by a run of about 30m cable.

Recently I swapped the router for another newer version, and lost connectivity on the distant computer - got the message saying network cable was unplugged. When I changed back to the old router the problem remained.

It seems to be a problem with the cable as such.

I dont have any background in this stuff, any advice would be great

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

If your not into tech or IT Im not sure if us suggesting a bunch of solutions to you would be any help. For example, you havent given us any detail:

What routers
    How is the cable made
    are there patch cables and sockets and modules
    has someone just made a stupid crimped network cable

and on and on...

I would suggest you pay the 50 euro and get a tech to look at it and probably fix it in 10 mins. Otherwise come back to us with more info on the set up and Im sure many will help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Sounds like the 30 Mt cable is damaged... Can you temporarilly move tat pc closer to the router and try it with another patch lead?.. that should identify the problem..

Advertisement