Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

leave Nikki Hayes alone :)

• 19-02-2009 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

ok people, i only write this to make a point..... Nikki hayes is a human being. someone with feelings, someone with a heart, an individual! Stop the abuse about her bebo page. If nikki wants to write about purple elephants swinging from lampshades, let her. If she wants to write about the grief in her life and issues close to her heart,let her!!!! I mean her bebo page is a fantastic way to have a personal relationship with her fans, with people that admire her, with people that care for her. does she not have free will? yes she does!!!! I think shes a wonderful role model to young people and her blogs are interesting! Dont like em,dont read em but before you diss the girl, tell me this....have you actually met her personally? Have you spoken two words to her? If you had, you'll know that shes a very normal down to earth woman! Very warm and caring. Her bebo page is her business and what she does is her business. If you dont like her fair enough, but its obvious you dont know her. She deserves to be treated with RESPECT!! She can do what she wants....if you've met Nikki and still hate her....see a doctor ;)
    Give her a break eh?
    LEGEND!!!!!!!!!! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

ok people, i only write this to make a point..... Nikki hayes is a human being. someone with feelings, someone with a heart, an individual! Stop the abuse about her bebo page. If nikki wants to write about purple elephants swinging from lampshades, let her. If she wants to write about the grief in her life and issues close to her heart,let her!!!! I mean her bebo page is a fantastic way to have a personal relationship with her fans, with people that admire her, with people that care for her. does she not have free will? yes she does!!!! I think shes a wonderful role model to young people and her blogs are interesting! Dont like em,dont read em but before you diss the girl, tell me this....have you actually met her personally? Have you spoken two words to her? If you had, you'll know that shes a very normal down to earth woman! Very warm and caring. Her bebo page is her business and what she does is her business. If you dont like her fair enough, but its obvious you dont know her. She deserves to be treated with RESPECT!! She can do what she wants....if you've met Nikki and still hate her....see a doctor ;)
    Give her a break eh?
    LEGEND!!!!!!!!!! :)

Damn right! No more dissing! RESPECT! Very warm person! A role model! Bebo thingymebob! Meet her personally and you'll know! L. Ron Hubbard! Care for her! Normal! Human! Personality test! See a doctor! Individual! Go!Go!Go!

(She's only a little bit annoying on the radio but that doesn't matter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Have I missed something? Where is all this Nikki Hayes "dissing". Since I barely know who she is, leaving her alone shouldn't present a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Leaderbored

What brought this on?

There hasn't been a mention of Nikki Hayes since the thread that got locked because one poster didn't let her lack of understanding of what was actually being said stop her from posting off topic rants, and was seemingly setting up extra accounts to back up her point of view (as she hadn't grasped the point of the original post, it goes without saying that none of the other posters who did understand it would necessarily agree with her overly simplistic view of things), and the thread degenerated into a slagging match.

(Oh, and you got the impression that the extra accounts were dodgy because there was lots of similarities in grammar as well as lots of similarities in the overuse of !!!'s and ???'s..... )

Why bring her up again now, when the topic was long forgotten, and it's clear that the vast majority of posters could care less?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Cannot understand why people who hang their life out on the washing line of the WORLD WIDE WEB get concerned if other people diss them!!!

Has the auld Flutt totally baffled.

The old saying is still as true as ever.

'If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'

Nikki Hayes.... don't know who she is, but you need to cop on to yourself.

Doesn't wash with the Flutt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Never even heard of her. Off to bebo to make up me mind if i like her or not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cliona mull

This is just my personal opinion as a fan and im entitled to as you are all yours. Im not gonna fight with anyone over it, cuz i couldnt be bothered but just wanted to make a point that ive met the girl and shes lovely so if you hav'nt met her then dont diss her.....THATS ALL WAS SAYING!!!!!!!!!

because people have feelings too thats why. Im sure you have. Anyway you didnt have to read it,just my opinion, and you have yours, great :)

Reading the other posts helps - whose arguing with you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

This is just my personal opinion as a fan

And people here post up opinions who don't like her show.

It's called criticism. Sometimes constructive, sometimes negative.

But as a radio DJ, she can't win them all over.

Never said there was, just im not gonna get into arguments. Im not that type.Im aware that people set out to argue on these things, which is sad. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion and you are too obviously :) have a good day.

• Advertisement

You too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

After I opened that previous Nikki Hayes thread (the one that has been locked), I received two PMs from friends of Nikki Hayes, one of them telling me that a negative attitude like mine is what's wrong with this counctry (:rolleyes:) and both of them basically telling me I should leave Nikki alone, one of them even going into all the hardship she has been through over the past year or so in her personal life. This is a mix of what I replied to her two friends and what I was going to post in the last thread before it was locked:

Last time I checked, boards.ie was a forum used for people to express their opinions and views about anything and everything, positive or negative. Just because some people know and like Nikki Hayes doesn't mean everyone has to and it doesn't mean people can't say negative things about her. Anyone who puts themself in the public eye makes themselves open to criticism and negativity. If we all liked the same things then what kind of boring world would this be? And boards.ie would be a pretty boring forum!!

If Nikki doesn't want to read negative things about her she shouldn't be in the job she is. She needs to grow a thick skin! Of course not everyone likes her, that's natural. The radio thread on boards is there for people to talk about all aspects of radio. I am well within my rights to start a thread about my views on Nikki Hayes. I don't see Gerry Ryan crying to his friends because people don't like him.

Also, I don't see why Nikki's private life should be brought into anything. Personally (and I don't mean this in a a nasty way) I don't know Nikki and I don't know or care what happens in her private life. Bad things happen to everyone, including myself; so why should Nikki be wrapped up in cotton wool moreso than anyone else?

In response to people saying she can write what she wants on her bebo page (where her username is NikkiHayes2fm, and she advertises it on her show repeatedly, asks people to leave requests, etc): Hypathetically speaking, if I worked for Tesco and started handing out promotional Tesco leaflets in the store that happened to have the link to my bebo page on the bottom, and then had my username as "ibarelycare_tesco" and used my page to ramble on about my woes and any crap that takes my fancy and then claimed that my page was nothing to do with Tesco, then I'm sure the HR department would have something to say, wouldn't they? Well that's the equivalent of what Nikki does.

I really find it hard to believe that a "professional" disk jockey is getting upset about a thread that was contributed to by a handful of strangers. And then her friends signing up just to defend her honour? I know someone posted the link of the original thread to her on bebo or facebook or something (it wasn't me) and then on her Facebook she changed her status to read "OMG I just got sent a link to a thread where people are slating me, I can't believe people are wasting their time talking about me LOL" or something along the lines of that. Attention seeking much? Before this all started I never had anything against Nikki as such, I found her a bit annoying and my main point on that original thread was that her bebo page was unprofessional, but now I think it's just all gotten really pathetic!

ah thats lovely. Hope the two of ye have a good day :)
    Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one. Well apart from women, they dont fart or poop

we all have stuff going on in our personal lives obviously but its harder for the people that are in the lime light. People have feelings. Look dude your opinion is fine and im not going over board,its just my thoughts on the matter because ive met her and shes a nice person.....not what the last page was making her out to be,so yes i will defend her. Just because shes a dj doesnt mean she doesnt have a personal life and she chooses to share that with her friends on bebo. Unprofessional?? NO....people love her page. But hey like you said,boards is for opinions and you have yours :)

its fair enough you saying ya met her and thought she was sound. Unless she goes around and meets every single person who ever mentioned her, then people are gonna have their owe pre conceptions.
    Saying ya met someone isnt gonna change peoples minds.ah well tis all good. If everyone agreed the world would be more of a kip than it already is lol

we all have stuff going on in our personal lives obviously but its harder for the people that are in the lime light. People have feelings. Look dude your opinion is fine and im not going over board,its just my thoughts on the matter because ive met her and shes a nice person.....not what the last page was making her out to be,so yes i will defend her. Just because shes a dj doesnt mean she doesnt have a personal life and she chooses to share that with her friends on bebo. Unprofessional?? NO....people love her page. But hey like you said,boards is for opinions and you have yours :)

Of course it's harder for people in the limelight, but I don't see any other dj on the radio mixing their personal life with their professional live to such an extent. No one was "making her out" to be anything on that other thread. I'm not denying that some people love her bebo page either, but there are people who think it's unprofessional (and attention-seeking perhaps) and I'm one of them.

amanda brunker is another attention whore grrr

seanybiker wrote: »
    amanda brunker is another attention whore grrr

+1!!

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

• Advertisement

I know I'm going to regret this but..... who is amanda brunker ?

After I opened that previous Nikki Hayes thread (the one that has been locked), I received two PMs from friends of Nikki Hayes, one of them telling me that a negative attitude like mine is what's wrong with this counctry (:rolleyes:) and both of them basically telling me I should leave Nikki alone, one of them even going into all the hardship she has been through over the past year or so in her personal life.

Welcome to the club. They're creepy.
    deadhead13 wrote: »

Trust me, there is no reason anyone needs to know. Honestly.

Regarding this thread, Im beginning to think its a troll trap a wind up. I cant think of any other reason why it would have been started. It's like someone standing up in a Restaurant and shouting "DONT LOOK AT ME! EXCUSE ME...EVERYONE STOP LOOKING AT ME!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Eh who's this now??

deadhead13 wrote: »

Former Miss Ireland. At the moment she....eh...maybe a writer? Journalist? I don't know but she crops up every so often and insults my eyes and ears.

courtney-brunker01.jpg

om my God thats so funny...i can assure you, thats not my opinion lol. Thanks for that video :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I do believe Cliona Mulls very first post was to gush about how wonderful this "Nikki" person is, so I'm suspicious.

OP, she's in media therefore open to ridicule as well as praise. Just because I "haven't met her" doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on her. Most people never met Hitler either.

courtney-brunker01.jpg

Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

om my God thats so funny...i can assure you, thats not my opinion lol. Thanks for that video :)

You should check out Seth Greens response video!

WTR, Nikki Hayse aint the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

6th wrote: »
    WTR, Nikki Hayse aint the worst.

Well if you ignore the constant 'OMG!! LMAO!! LOL!! in to bate the band on her Bebo Id agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Who is this Nick Hayes bloke?

7 post by OP, all pimping and promoting 2FM.
    OP, hope you print off your posts and bring them to your next pay review ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

indeed. Eyes on, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

You know what? I just thought Nikki was an annoying voice on the radio, now I see from her Bebo page that she is an annoying "blogger" type...

And the constant self publicity of the site on her show is frankly ridiculous. To para-phrase a previous poster, are we going to have Brian Dobson Sharon Ni Bhoailain(excuse the spelling) on Six-One advertising their latest blog on facebook, twitter, Linkdin stuff before the break??

FFS!!

And as for Amanda Brunker....she deserves a thread all of her own!

mod edit: ..too far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

I agree leave Nikki alone! Very good at her job and i enjoy listening to her show! Met her a couple of times in RTÉ and is even nicer in person!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Former Miss Ireland. At the moment she....eh...maybe a writer? Journalist? I don't know but she crops up every so often and insults my eyes and ears.

courtney-brunker01.jpg

In that pic she looks more like a former Miss Piggy:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Pat2107 wrote: »
    I agree leave Nikki alone! Very good at her job and i enjoy listening to her show! Met her a couple of times in RTÉ and is even nicer in person!

This is still the Radio Forum or have I double clicked in error and ended up in some Personal Issues (by proxy) forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

And as for Amanda Brunker....she deserves a thread all of her own!

Oh ya, in fact a website. God almighty I cannot stand her. She seems to be everywhere and usually has herself draped over some Z list "celeb" with her big saggy t1ts hanging out and a "suggestive" look on her puss or with actual famous people pushed to the back of the picture while her big fat ponderous horses ar$e obstructs most of the picture in front. I get a little sick in my mouth everytime I see her desperate, make up with a trowel, fat head looking up at me from the papers or TV.

As for Nikki she is a royal pain in the a$$. I have never looked at her Bebo, don't listen to her and and would be quiet happy if she took Tony Fenton, Brunker and fecked off never to be heard or seen of again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Oh ya, in fact a website. God almighty I cannot stand her. She seems to be everywhere and usually has herself draped over some Z list "celeb" with her big saggy t1ts hanging out and a "suggestive" look on her puss or with actual famous people pushed to the back of the picture while her big fat ponderous horses ar$e obstructs most of the picture in front. I get a little sick in my mouth everytime I see her desperate, make up with a trowel, fat head looking up at me from the papers or TV.

As for Nikki she is a royal pain in the a$$. I have never looked at her Bebo, don't listen to her and and would be quiet happy if she took Tony Fenton, Brunker and fecked off never to be heard or seen of again.

Well said Fozzie, especially the Tony Fenton part.

Don't ya hate pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ok, I think this thread has served it's purpose.

In before the lock! :D

• Advertisement

:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement