Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh1thole In The Country?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Link Wray

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but the Curragh has to be the most depressing place I've ever been....and I've been to Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Overflow wrote: »
    Carnew, Co. Wexford

Thats in Wicklow (a mile or two from Wex though ;)

Hacketstown Co. Carlow should got a mention earlier- obviously because nobody even knows where it is or goes there...unfortunately I work near there :D.

Thurles
    New Ross immediately srping to mind too....

Ponster wrote: »
    Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipp gets my vote every time.

This is what the locals thought of it in 1993

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

new ross is crap in fairness

My friend is from there... Sounds like a rough enough spot but I havnt been there yet.
    K4t wrote: »
    Castlerea.

They campaigned to have a f**king prison located just outside the town.

Castlerea, Ballaghaderreeen and Boyle are all ****holes in close proximity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

isn't it about time there was an irish version of this....

"http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3149/craptowns.jpg"

any budding journalists out there take note (could be a best seller)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Castlerea.

They campaigned to have a f**king prison located just outside the town.

Agreed.

Castlerea is one of the strangest towns I've ever been too. Along with Ballinasloe it has a really eerie atmosphere. I think its no coincidence that one has a prison and the other has a very old, very big psychiatric hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Knackerland. You can't walk down a street in that town without being verbally abused by a ten year old.

In fairness, if you're on foot in Tuam, you're feckin asking for it really.

I'm all for Tuam, Ballinasloe & especially Dunmore being gifted forced on to neighbouring counties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Tombstone

I lived in Coleraine Northern Ireland for two horrible years. It is the most horrible place to live. Ive never seen so many ugly people in all my life and its a ghost town. Beware!!!!!!!its a dump!!!

big b wrote: »

I'm all for Tuam, Ballinasloe & especially Dunmore being gifted forced on to neighbouring counties.

You could give them to Roscommon, that county seems to have a track record of hijacking towns from other counties (ie Ballaghaderreen.)

You could give them to Roscommon, that county seems to have a track record of hijacking towns from other counties (ie Ballaghaderreen.)

I notice they're trying to do the same in Athlone.

One day we will wake up and the Roscommonites will be our mighty overlords!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,854 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jaden wrote: »
    Tuam. If you don't agree, it's simply because you haven't been there.

I disagree, and I live there.
    Knackerland. You can't walk down a street in that town without being verbally abused by a ten year old.

Have you ever been to Limerick?
    big b wrote: »

I have walked in Tuam on my own at 2 a.m and never had a problem, and I'm a girl...
    You must be a complete wussy...

Tuam I disagreee, Dunmore I agree(except for the golf course), can't say much about Ballinasloe coz I can't remember ever being there, bar in one of their many Supermacs.

Svalbard wrote: »

Now there is a scary thought...

Svalbard wrote: »

Not to mention Carrick-On-Shannon....

Still they dont have the numbers to take on Mayo, Leitrim, and Westmeath we should steal all their land and force them into slavery. A little Lebensraum is that too much to ask?

Not to mention Carrick-On-Shannon....

Still they dont have the numbers to take on Mayo, Leitrim, and Westmeath we should steal all their land and force them into slavery. A little Lebensraum is that too much to ask?

And Lanesborough. My God, I think we've uncovered they're dastardly plot!

What about the other Carrick, Carrick-on-Suir? Its disputed between Tipp, Kilkenny and Waterford..........though in this case the 3 counties are trying to say it isn't theirs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 L_Mn

Cannot believe no-one has mentioned Mountmellick!What a dumphole..
    Also Ballinasloe and Tipp town are among the bad but Mountmellick def gets my vote as worst in Ireland.
    Mullingar is actually a nice town,don't know where people are getting this impression from.Better than Athlone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

Work in Talbot St :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 racheypachey

i live two miles outside of mountmellick and yes it is a total kip. as is portlaoise, mountrath, Ballinasloe, athy and others...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

shannon.
    ennis.
    limerick.
    tipp town
    dundalk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

oh yeah and tuam.kip

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

has anyone mentioned Tallaght yet ??

what a kip, every time i go there i get a bout of the blues not to mention eye strain with all the "shiney" tracksuits about..

*why did call the Square the Square??.....because the locals can't spell pyramid:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

fryup wrote: »
    has anyone mentioned Tallaght yet ??

what a kip, every time i go there i get a bout of the blues not to mention eye strain with all the "shiney" tracksuits about..

*why did call the Square the Square??.....because the locals can't spell pyramid:pac:

If Tuam was as big as Tallagh, it would have been Nuked by now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

This isnt a peer-reviewed scientific journal you know... I dont have to produce "evidence" that Castlebar is a bit of a tip, Im just stating that in my opinion thats the case. You are free to argue otherwise and I wont demand "evidence".

This man speaks the truth.

-The dogging capital of Ireland
    -The home of Irelands worst hospital
    -Charles Haughey
    -The Flynn Dynasty

and

-Mantra (gulps)

I still love the place really! :pac:

Castlecomer- tough ex coal mining town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

i moved from balbriggan to mulhuddart like going from the frying pan into the fire,both complete s*itholes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

The Naas Road between Newlands Cross and Bluebell - Grimsville

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

Ballina: Greyest place on Earth, didn't know Dulux had a Nazi Concrete Bunker colour on the market...well they did but Ballina used all of it up!

Tuam: The town would have a knife fight with itself using a wooden spoon given half a chance.

And yes Limerick gets all the media sh1thole attention but seriously Tuam wins it for me.
    With the downturn in the economy Tuam will be a shanty town run by diseased cannibals in five, four, three, two , one...SuperMacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 caplis

Artane? Are you joking. Nice locals, surrounded in the most part by decent enough areas - and a heartland of Dublin GAA.
    The poster probably can't afford to live there - like many of the people who try to use it as a car park for the Dart....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Woger

The Midlands, you can hear the duelling banjoes long befor you reach the gate.

Ballina: Greyest place on Earth, didn't know Dulux had a Nazi Concrete Bunker colour on the market...well they did but Ballina used all of it up!

Tuam: The town would have a knife fight with itself using a wooden spoon given half a chance.

And yes Limerick gets all the media sh1thole attention but seriously Tuam wins it for me.
    With the downturn in the economy Tuam will be a shanty town run by diseased cannibals in five, four, three, two , one...SuperMacs

Give me Tuam over Limerick any day, at least the people here have manners.

I give up defending it at this stage. At least I know why people would be and should be proud of the town...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Dail Eireann!.

Advertisement