Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stieg Larsson

Options
  • 19-02-2009 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea where i can get a copy of the sequel to Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? I dont even have the name for it, sorry, and i think there's a part 3 to it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Anyone any idea where i can get a copy of the sequel to Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo? I dont even have the name for it, sorry, and i think there's a part 3 to it?

The Girl who Played with Fire? This is available in trade in most bookshops I would have thought, certainly saw it in Chapters recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

It's seems to be also available in the public libraries,
    http://library.sdublincoco.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It's everywhere at the minute, try Easons.

The third part isn't out yet, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Yeah its everywhere at the moment. The third book is not due out until either September this year or January 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Relay

I have listen to both first and second book in the trilogy and im now listen to the third book in mp3 format. There is a fourth book from what i heard there 200 pages is already done. Also synopsis to another two or three or more sequels. Hopefully someone will use the synopsis to create films in the future.
    And Paolo Roberto is a real life caracter very well knowed in swedish media.
    I am sure he will play himself in the sequel to men who hates women (english title the girl with the dragon tatoo)

the swedish film poster
    m__n_som_hatar_kvinnor.jpg

I must say that i who havent read a real book in years now are completely stuck in this trilogy. And feel soo much for Lisbet salander so it almost hurts sometimes. I know what happens to the caracters in the third book but i wont tell any one of you. No spoilers here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

just got my copy today and the elation i feel is unreal! god i'm fecking sad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

Very excited about this too
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest has a date of 1st October. Can't wait.

Copied and Pasted:
    Description: Salander is plotting her revenge - against the man who tried to kill her, and against the government institutions that very nearly destroyed her life. But it is not going to be a straightforward campaign. After taking a bullet to the head, Salander is under close supervision in Intensive Care, and is set to face trial for three murders and one attempted murder on her eventual release. With the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist and his researchers at Millennium magazine, Salander must not only prove her innocence, but identify and denounce the corrupt politicians that have allowed the vulnerable to become victims of abuse and violence. Once a victim herself, Salander is now ready to fight back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 intermittentmay

Very excited about this too
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest has a date of 1st October. Can't wait.

Copied and Pasted:
    Description: Salander is plotting her revenge - against the man who tried to kill her, and against the government institutions that very nearly destroyed her life. But it is not going to be a straightforward campaign. After taking a bullet to the head, Salander is under close supervision in Intensive Care, and is set to face trial for three murders and one attempted murder on her eventual release. With the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist and his researchers at Millennium magazine, Salander must not only prove her innocence, but identify and denounce the corrupt politicians that have allowed the vulnerable to become victims of abuse and violence. Once a victim herself, Salander is now ready to fight back.

I just can't wait! I finished the second novel yesterday and loved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

I read the first two books - good page turners. But what's the deal with the maths formula theme running through the second book? I didn't get that, it seemed out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can't wait to stuck into the second book. I thought the first novel was one of the best thrillers that I'd read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭mountain

For anybody who has enjoyed Larssons books, i can whole heartily recommend Henning Mankell, swedish crime writer, who writes great thrillers, the names can be a little confusing, but all in all, great stories, and different from the typical american crime thrillers.

Try to read them in sequence rather that jump in the middle of them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

MonicaBing wrote: »
    just got my copy today and the elation i feel is unreal! god i'm fecking sad!

:)

Its not sad to realise your sad. We're all sad!

Advertisement