Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The bongo song"- Safri Duo.

Options
  • 19-02-2009 4:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

It's been around for years obviously but it's so evocative.

The combination of that fast synth beat and percussion is intoxicating.
    Love the way it rises to a crescendo and then breaks down with the drum bit.

Took me years to figure out the name of it (Radio DJs too lazy to back-announce it) before finding it on Youtube.
    Anyone else like this song.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Yep. a good all-rounder tune which i use at both teenage gigs and bars that "dont allow dance music".

love the song. for those who want a cheesier version...check out the real booty babes version (which isnt really all that bad imo!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 54321

Yep love the track.
    What is it about it? Well the drums make it, and the rest of it just fits. Hard to explain but its just a great record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

A while since i heard it but when it first came out i loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Heard it at a Hi-Fi show on a £100,000 set up. On Vinyl. I nearly melted. It bounces around the room and into your head. Made a nice change from all the classical music too:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nice one, OP.

More bongo-ness: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

There was a live group of drummers that used to play this song in Time nightclub in Naas a few years back. The DJ and the drummers mixed in and out of the music perfectly. Great song.

Advertisement