Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watershed pool closure

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So basically even if they fix the situation the pool may never be able to re-open?

I really hope not. However, I think that once they sort the floor out, especially as they are going for the re-coating option as opposed to re-tiling, I suspect that the insurance premiums will be significantly increased and the management will have to some serious negotiating and promise making to get the cover.
    Would you re-insure and organisation that left a pool open with a seriously slippery floor that was obvious the moment you took around 2-3 steps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It was on KCLR this morning that the pool is opening again on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

mick_irl wrote: »
    It was on KCLR this morning that the pool is opening again on Monday.

I heard that this morning too. I'm a member there so I'll see first hand on Monday. I'm still in the "I'll believe it when I see it." mode when it comes to the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

The Kilkenny People said that the pool is opening next tuesday:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

[rant]

This place is fast becoming a joke as far as I'm concerned.
    Since Christmas we have been trying to get our two boys swimming lessons there. Phoned up today after being fobbed off with this, that and closures, only to be told that they won't be doing anymore swimming lessons until SEPTEMBER!! Why? Summer camps.

Jesus, you'd think that the summer would be a boom time for swimming lessons. Are these 24hr Summer camps?? It's a fecking joke, they can't even get a proper membership system going. You have to wait for an employee to buzz you in and out from behind the desk. Nice place, but run by Micky Mouse.

I'll be trying somewhere else, if there is anywhere.

[/rant]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

you can add your rants to the already massive thread on this topic

The swimming club is going to be doing swimming lessons at the Rivercourt, not sure when they start, but I'd try them. You will get better quality teaching with them, I've heard the lessons offered at the Watershed are mainly by unqualified teachers. Based on what I saw at the old pool, even if the council lessons may be cheaper (honestly don't know if this is true, but very unlikely based on previous form form the Watershed) they are a waste of money.

Pool is open and the floor does not resemble a skating rink. Judging by the smell from my skin the chemical balance may be a bit off, so take your goggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Patcha

Great to Hear the Water shed is open again. Has any one been up there and have they lowered there prices yet for non members of the public

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't know about that but I've a friend who's delighted that their gym/pool membership's been extended into April 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Tazpm

Just been to the pool. Floor was great!!! The slide on the kids pool is peeling through and looks really crap

Advertisement