Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gas vs electric ovens

• 19-02-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,

I'm replacing my cooker and am trying to decide whether to
    go for a gas or electric oven (it will be a gas hob anyway).

To me it would seem that a electric oven would be less efficient
    than a gas one and would take longer to reach temp, but maybe
    I'm wrong. Anyone have any advice or recommendations on
    one type over the other ?

Thanks !

Butters.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I replaced an all electric cooker a few months ago. I decided to go for a gas hob and electric oven. I find a gas hob much more controllable than an electric. However, I find the opposite to be true with a cooker. Temperature control seems a lot more accurate in an electric oven which, to me, means that standard cooking times are more reliable. I'm not a fan of that Gas Mark business.

I did have a gas oven a few years ago and never had any trouble with it and it cooked quite well. But the advantages of a multifunction electric oven are great if your into your cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 butterfingers

Thanks for the reply. It does seem that the electric oven is the way
    to go !

Thanks,

Butters.

Advertisement