Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc gamer noob question

Options
  • 19-02-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

hey lads.

would anyone have any links to websites with pc demos? i.e cod, stalker, etc etc.

i got my self a decent laptop and i want to put it to full use!
    i downloaded a few games from certain websites but, i find it to much hassle to remove this add that, edit these, i would rather play a demo & if i buy it.

i liked the videos i seen for stalker , what do people think of the game is it any good? has anyone seen it on offer?

thanks in advance guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

just google (insert game name) demo

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Stalker is good. Great on atmosphere and its nice and open so you can do things at your own peace and in your own order.

Just make sure if you get it, that you get the latest patches (1.006) because its quite a buggy game and likes to crash. Save often is my advice.

As for a website with demo's www.gamershell.com has loads as well as few old free games and full mmo clients.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

www.fileshack.com is another

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i have a 360 and am going to add the wireless contol pad to play on the pc, is it hard to install?

No you will probably need a driver which you should be able to find on the Microsoft site.

However I strongly recommend the keyboard and mouse combo for FPS and RTS games. Actually I recommend for anything bar sports games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i tried to use the keyboard for left 4 dead & it drove me insane.

im a control pad gamer 4 life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You're going to get raped in multiplayer by anyone using a keyboard and mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SCD

hey lads.

would anyone have any links to websites with pc demos? i.e cod, stalker, etc etc.

i got my self a decent laptop and i want to put it to full use!
    i downloaded a few games from certain websites but, i find it to much hassle to remove this add that, edit these, i would rather play a demo & if i buy it.

i liked the videos i seen for stalker , what do people think of the game is it any good? has anyone seen it on offer?

thanks in advance guys

Demo? Pah why not the full thing?
    Just torrent it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Stephen wrote: »
    You're going to get raped in multiplayer by anyone using a keyboard and mouse.

If anything, this is an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SCD

koneko wrote: »
    If anything, this is an understatement.

Especially if they happen to be using this http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=349399

• Advertisement

Yeah you need to keep some vasaline on hand.

Anyway I strongly recommend you try the keyboard and mouse again. If your playing L4D online you will be handicapping yourself and as a result your team.

Once you ge the hang of it though you will never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i tried to use the keyboard for left 4 dead & it drove me insane.

im a control pad gamer 4 life :D
    Keyboard only? :D You need a mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is L4D cross-platform online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Don't think so, PC gamers would have a huge advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No, its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Since you've played Fallout 3 I'd say S.T.A.L.K.E.R is the poor mans Fallout, take from that what you will.

Advertisement