Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Battery Packs

Options
  • 19-02-2009 12:29pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I'd put this out there because it took at least 30 minutes to find a solution via Google.

I bought two battery packs over the last 12 months which both appeared to die (not charge). The Remote would not turn on until connected by the charge cable and then the battery would not charge. (Red charge light would come on for a few seconds then go green and stop charging).

The solution is to plug the charge cable until the light goes green, then remove it and plug it in again and again and again - the light staying red for a few second will trickle charge it enough until the polarity is good enough again for the battery to draw a charge and then it will eventually charge as normal (red light will stay on).

This might be obvious for many of you but it's just saved me the price of two batteries and it's not well documented online. :)

Comments

Cheers, this has been happening with one of mine for ages. Will give it a bash later and report my findings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Cheers for that. Very helpful. Hasn't happened to mine yet, but if it does, I'll know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Thanks a million, the battery on one of mine was doing the same thing and I was about to order another off play... Will give it a bash tonight:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I hope it works for all of you now! Would hate to get everyone's hopes up.

It revived two of mine last night that had been dead for months so...

Let me know how you all get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Was just about to post here complaining that it didn't work, but after roughly the 15th attempt, the light is finally staying red...
    If it isn't working for you at first, keep at it!

Thanks once again SE:)
    This deserves a sticky, or at least something being put in the FAQ

• Advertisement

Phew. :)

Anyone else try this? Would like to know if it works in general or if it's hit and miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I brought mine back to the shop because of this and they exchnage it no problem, to be honest you shouldnt have to be plugging it in and out 10 times before it charges........I think Microsoft are shooting themselves in the foot

as far as I can tell it only happens to batteries that are left unused for a while and so lose their polarity.

Mine only happened in the 2 and 4rd controllers I have for when mates come around - ie. the ones that are hardly used.

Advertisement