Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Londis in Maynooth

Options
  • 19-02-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a new Londis opening in Maynooth?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

sadly!!!!1:(

londis SUCKS!!!!!!!(ITS VERY DEAR AND THE STAFF ARE LOSERS)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Doubt it - the big one has become a Centra (After a very high profile falling out of its owner and ADM Londis where all his rake of stores have become Centras) and there is one on the college campus as is. There is no real location for another to open either.

MYOB wrote: »
    Doubt it - the big one has become a Centra (After a very high profile falling out of its owner and ADM Londis where all his rake of stores have become Centras) and there is one on the college campus as is. There is no real location for another to open either.

ehh the main street!!!!!

OHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAHH!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!! WOOOOOOO im smarter than myob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Yep, by the bus stop on the main street.

Where Buckleys used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

That's Centra, no?

• Advertisement

I don't think a newsagents of any description is going to survive on the main street - in the past five years three have closed (Greallys, Barrys and Nuzstop); the Post Office had one in it too and its gone also. Only advantage would be bus stop traffic but that wasn't enough for Buckley's to keep their newsagents when they had it in the 1990s (before the child who can't use capitals properly was born).

Centra is quite a bit further down Rozabeez - towards the college end of the main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Didn't the old 3 all shut down within a relatively short period of time though.

I imagine one could survive by the bus stop but not more than one. They was always a few people in them when I was in college. There useful for bus tickets etc... and the odd ice cream or whatever while waiting for the bus.

Saw the signs on the building today when coming back from Tesco so its definitely going ahead... will be interesting to see how it goes.

hahaha

told ya!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jellybabs

thee glitz wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a new Londis opening in Maynooth?
    Thanks
    its open saw it yest on the main street behind d bus stop :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tsai

Was In There , Picked Up A Pack Of Lucky Strike For 8Euro , Not Sure If Thats The Normal Price Tho.
    You Can Get Hersheys Chocolate Bars In There , Which Is Awesome.
    And They Dont Seem To I.D The Little Kids For Cigerettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Tsai wrote: »
    Was In There , Picked Up A Pack Of Lucky Strike For 8Euro , Not Sure If Thats The Normal Price Tho.

Smokes in a newsagent - NEWSFLASH
    Hershey's taste like used cigarettes.
    And if they sell smokes to kids they'll be gone sooner rather than later.

And from a Spell Czech perspective - you don't need to capitalise every word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Tsai

Was Refering To The 8 Euro Smokes , Not Sure What They Cost Else Where.
    You've Eaten Used Cigerettes ? :pac:
    I'm Just Curious To See The Deli Bar Thing , Prices And If It's Tasty Or Not.

Oh , When I Type I Keep My Pinky On The Shift Key , Just Become A Habit To Capitalise My Words ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Please don't, as it makes it very hard to read.

This is a grown up forum. Grown ups know how to use the English language :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

On the main street ya know

Tsai wrote: »

awww class im goin to londis to get my smokes??

do they i.d us kids for a few cans??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Watch your change in that londis, they always short change you & if your only buying smokes, they keep the euro & give you back the odd few cents, they always do that to me & other ppl common trick they have. They seem to think that cos they are beside a bus stop that your rushing for a bus & won't check your change! Their a friggan nightmare, I'd rather walk the extra min & go to Scally's than buy off them at this stage

Advertisement